Community Message Boards

Thread: Thanksgiving breakfast suggestions

Thanksgiving breakfast suggestions

For the 1st time ever my brothers and wives are coming to my house. This is quite monumental since we are all old(45 to 57). So I need to cook meals for 3 days for 12 people. I think I have most of it planned except for breakfast on Thanksgiving. I want something healthy and filling that can be kept warm outside of the kitchen, like on my sunporch. I found a recipe for crockpot eggs which is basically eggs, hashbrowns, ham etc in a crockpot. Might taste good but what would it look like? Also thought of crockpot oatmeal with muffins and fruit. Anyway, any ideas.
    Sharon

Sharon,
    How early are planning on eating Thanksgiving dinner? I wouldn't plan too big of a breakfast at our house, however, we eat our main turkey, dressing and all of the sides around 1:00 pm. Then leftovers for supper.

Would cereal or instant oatmeal or even baked oatmeal, yogurt, muffins, and fruit be enough?

Just my thoughts. Have a great time with your family.
    Julie

For a "big" breakfast, you can't go wrong with the Creme Brulee french toast. Super easy and delicious served with bacon or sausage.
    Just another Susan

"Peggy, here I am tryin' to contain an outbreak, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" Hank Hill

www.thebreastcancersite.com Click here to fund free mammograms!

A yummy breakfast cobbler would be nice...fruit, etc with a crunch topping, and some muffins or bread...

If I am planning on eating a big meal later in the day, I know I would want a light breakfast. Just muffins or toast and some fruit would probably be plenty. Hot chocolate would be nice if you live in a colder climate. You can use a crockpot to keep many things warm, even if you don't cook it in the crockpot. Have a great visit with your family!
    kathyb

Less rhetoric, more cowbell!