Community Message Boards

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls

Anyone want to give me a brief summary of tonight's episode? I missed it because of a PTA meeting!

Thanks!

Laurie

SOrry, I missed it also....
    ~Kim~

Nashville Restaurant Examiner - check out my page
    Check out my blog: Zen Kitchen http://onehotkitchen-kim.blogspot.com/

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    Dave Barry

i only caught the end of it, but from what i can gather it seems that the town hosted a living pictures show. everyone was in costume and each time the curtain would open there was a painting inside of which the people were live. it was actually pretty cool. anyway, it appears that luke and nicole may be giving their marriage a second chance. a new member joined the band of rory's friend whose name escapes me now (the new member is much older, has a family of his own). and at the end of the show lorilei got a page from suki, indicating that the baby was on the way. all this happened in the last 15 minutes or so, sorry i cant fill you in more.

We watched the whole show. It's one of the few tv shows I try to catch every week. Navandoren summed it up exactly! Even though we watched the whole thing, the last 15 minutes told the whole story!

I think the new band member's name is Gil? The other 2 band members don't want him in it because he's so much older than they are (never mind that he plays so well). So Rory's friend (whose name escapes me too) went against the band's wishes in inviting him to join.

Suki is now going to have the baby at her home ("millions of other babies have been born at home, why not me?") and she has a doula who is a really strong personality and pretty much kept everyone on their toes.

Oh, Kirk now has a girlfriend. He went to the town meeting with "my girlfriend" and everything he said he somehow wrapped "my girlfriend and I" into it. Like, "there's a vacant seat behind my girlfriend, if you need it," "Excuse me and my girlfriend, please," "My girlfriend will love the pictures show", etc. He kills me but in real life he would make me absolutely nuts.
    Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

I love this show!!!

Suki was cracking me up last night! The whole "it's not coming out!!" thing had me ROFL!!!!
    Last edited by ISAIAH30_18; 11-05-2003 at 11:30 AM.
    "I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year: 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied: 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.' " --M. L. Haskins

The person playing Gil is Sebastian Bach from Skid Row.

I adore this show!!

Originally posted by Laura B
    The person playing Gil is Sebastian Bach from Skid Row.
    I KNEW he looked familiar!!!! Now I feel old...I remember when he was young.
    "I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year: 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied: 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.' " --M. L. Haskins

If you ever miss a show go to www.televisionwithoutpity.com and they do a pretty complete synopsis of the episodes (they have all 4(?) seasons on file). There's usually a recaplet that is a quick summary with in a few hours, then the entire episode with in a day or so.

I love the Gilmore Girls, but don't get to watch it until tonight at 6pm (our WB shares the station w/PAX), so times are messed up a bit.
    I think its still good, (especially now that Jess is gone )but really thought that the first two seasons were the best.

Kyle

PS, Rory's friend is 'Lane', and Kirk is hilarous. Taylor drives me up the wall!!!
    The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.

Originally posted by ISAIAH30_18
    Now I feel old...I remember when he was young.
    Yeah, I know! I even had the Skid Row CD and was so in love with Sebastian.

Rorie's friend is Lane.

There was also a subplot that Lorelei wanted to be the "Renoir girl" in one of the pictures. However, last time Star's Hollow hosted this event, she played this role and visibly flinched when the curtain opened. Evidently, it's a critical part of the event that the living pictures remain completely motionless for a set amount of time, so her flinch was a major faux paus, and Taylor was going to make her work backstage. However, they wanted Rorie for a picture, and she refused to do it unless Lorelei got to be onstage too. Anyhow, the whole show, Lorelei protested how she's only moved a little, it was years ago, etc, etc -- then, just before going onstage, she started to panic, because she HAD flinched before. So when her pager went off, everyone expected her to wreck the bit, but she didn't move.

I now know I'm old. When the guitarist showed up, I was impressed by how cute and talented he was. It wasn't even on my radar that he was so much older than Lane and the others; a fact DD finds hysterical. Oh, well.

I usually keep up with this show too, but have missed a few episodes. I haven't figured out what happened to Rorie's two boyfriends before she left for yale???? Anyone know?

Michelle

Michelle, Dean got married early this season and Jess ran off (I think that happened at the end of last season).

hmmmmm, guess i missed some important episodes. It got hard when the baseball playoffs were on!

Thanks!

i just wanted to say that i LOVE this show-it's the only one i watch faithfully. and even my husband loves it. we went out to eat last night and he made sure we were home by 7!
    viva la paris!

To expand about Jesse's departure: he didn't graduate high school, because he'd skipped so much school. As a result, Rorie couldn't attend the Star's Hollow prom, which she'd been looking forward to. She found out that Jesse wasn't graduating at a party; she and Jesse were talking in a bedroom; they started to make out, and Jesse tried to get Rorie to go farther than she wanted to. Rorie refused, and Jesse said some nasty things and stormed out. Rorie went downstairs crying, which Dean saw. Dean went after Jesse, and they had a fight. At this same party, Lane got drunk, called her mother and told her she was drunk, was in a band, and was dating a boy.

Back to Jesse: Luke flipped out that Jesse wasn't graduating. I believe that Luke demanded that Jesse repeat the year, or do whatever it would take to graduate, and Jesse refused and left town.

Please correct me if I got any of that wrong.

Thanks, everyone! I really like the show, especially the snappy dialogue. Now that there's less "inappropriate teen romance for my 10 year old to see", we're enjoying watching it together. (I knew the naked Yalie in the hall was part of one episode, but censored that for her. She's enjoying the college scenes! Must seem like a wonderland of independence for a preteen to imagine college life.)

Funny - I caught the last 10 minutes when I got home, and as it turns out from your comments, those minutes were key! A good thing, becasue the VCR failed on us. (Hence this post.)

Thanks, guys - how great to have a place to post a random question and get so many responses!

Laurie