Community Message Boards

Thread: A short, hot love story

Smile A short, hot love story

A Short Hot Love Story:

I shall seek and find you . . .

I shall take you to bed and control you . . .

I will make you ache, shake and sweat until you
    grunt and groan . . .

I will make you beg for mercy . . .

I will exhaust you to the point that you will be
    relieved when I leave.

You will be weak for days.

All my love,
    The Flu

Just a reminder . . . time to get a flu shot.
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

Tyra,

I LOL. Great reminder! (I already got my shot) Martha

Sounds like my current hot and heavy relationship with Mr. Cold. Maybe it's the same man with aliases. I've heard of men with many wives...

Leah

p.s. my experience is making me rethink my policy of never getting a flu shot. this bites!

Actually, I have to thank all your guys on the BB for encouraging others to get the flu shot. I haven't done it many times in the past, but after hearing how bad the flu is hitting people this year, I had my DH get one today (his company is giving them for free) and I'll be going to get one tomorrow (I may have to wait on a long line but think it will be worth it). Thanks for keeping us healthy!!

Funny!
    Get one every year, especially so I don't pass on to the kiddo's I work with.
    So many people I know are afraid to get the flu shot- they STILL think the shot itself will make them deathly ill

LOL - Thanks for the reminder. I was scheduled to get one last week and something came up. This just reminded me to make sure I reschedule.

Thanks,
    Kristi

I got mine two weeks ago

but thanks for the laugh!!
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

I don't know what this says about MY love life, but as soon as I started reading the "story", I started thinking "Gee, that sounds like the time I got the flu."!!!!

I have never gotten a flu shot. Some years they run short don't they? Seems like that wouldn't happen if only those who are most vulnerable were allowed to get them? Not criticizing in any way, just wondering out loud.

I did consider getting one this year since DH has a vulnerable immune system right now, but none of the nurses seemed to be able to assure me 100% that the shot is a dead virus (even though that is what I read).

I never get a flu shot. I've never had the flu, and I'm not going to start messing around with my immune system.
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

My perception is that some years they just don't successfully make enough of the "shot" antibodies or whatever they are, so that's why the supply is limited. On those years, I always wait my turn. It happened last year, and they put me on a waiting list at the medical center until all the "at-risk" people had a turn. Then they called me back and I got one. It bothers me to think that my getting a shot depletes the supply for some more "deserving" person. Anyone else have any facts (or opinions) on this? I'd like to know more. Martha

I believe I read that there is an abundance of the vaccine this year and so it is not being rationed. So you can get a shot this year w/o worry that there could be someone else who'll go without as a result.

I haven't heard anything about a shortage this year. I got my shot because they offered them for free at work. I don't want the flu! I had it once and that was enough for me!

Thanks for the reminder, though. I'm going to call the pediatrician today to see about getting shots for the kids. They say the flu is dangerous for the elderly and the very young. The pediatrician's office recommends that everyone in the household get a shot if you have young children.

I got a flu shot this year for the first time because I'm going to Israel in Dec/Jan. The "travel clinic" doc at my student health center recommended it and pointed out that it could really ruin a vacation. He also pointed out that travel weakens the immune system anyway. I also got the Hepatitis A&B at the same time. One of the two made me weak and achy all over, but my body seems to always react to foreign substances.