Community Message Boards

Thread: How many mini marshmallows = l large one?

Question How many mini marshmallows = l large one?

Quick! My Mom is demanding to know if it did any good to send me to college. She wants to make a recipe calling for large marsmallows but she only has miniature. The question is 1 large marshmallow = ? miniatures. Thanks in advance.
    Nancy
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

this is a total wild guess but I would say 4 or 5.

j
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com

According to the Rice Krispie treat recipe, 1 10 oz bag of large marshmallows (about 40 big ones) is equal to 4 cups of mini marshmallows.

Does that help?
    --Mary Kate--

"In all our woods there is not a tree so hard to kill as the buckeye. The deepest girdling does not deaden it, and even after it is cut down and worked up into the side of a cabin it will send out young branches, denoting to all the world that Buckeyes are not easily conquered, and could with difficulty be destroyed." - Daniel Drake, 1833

Well, 4 large marshmallows equals 1/2 c. mini marshmallows (both 1 oz. by weight). So she could measure out a 1/2 c. of the minis and divide by 4 to figure out how many minis equals 1 large. Or just measure in cups based on how many large ones she needs.

Thanks all for your quick reply!!! Yes, that helped and I passed along your tips. In the meantime I kept googling until I found an actual count here . It says 1 large = 10 mini (in case anyone ever really cares ).
    Thanks everybody!
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

78704 - more than a zipcode, it's a lifestyle.
    My HEB generic bag says 11 minis = 1 large. But they seem a bit smaller than the Jet-puffed minis sot that 10/1 ratio makes sense.

--Kristin
    Your actions speak so loudly I can hardly hear you - Henry David Thoreau

10 to 1? WOW!
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com