Community Message Boards

Thread: Bundt cake - cool in pan?

Near Brenham, Texas - home of Blue Bell Ice Cream!

Bundt cake - cool in pan?

What exactly is the trick to baking a bundt cake and not having it stick to the pan? Should you turn it out immediately after baking, or let it cool completely in the pan before removing? (I did spray the metal pan with Pam and flour it lighly.) I'm making one and want to increase my odds of having it come out of the pan completely. Thanks for any advice!
    " What you are today is a product of what you did yesterday. What you are tomorrow is a product of what do today. Make every second count!"
    -Christie Jean-Baptiste

I let mine cool for about 15 minutes before removing from the pan but I also use shortening and flour or Baker's Joy because of the nooks and crannies need to really be coated...JMHO!
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Sneezles-

Thanks so much for the tip! I'll leave in pan for 15 minutes and see what happens. Next trip to grocery store, I'll buy shortening or Baker's Joy for future use. I appreciate your help!
    " What you are today is a product of what you did yesterday. What you are tomorrow is a product of what do today. Make every second count!"
    -Christie Jean-Baptiste

Besides using Bakers Joy or Cake Release, I let the cake cool ten minutes or so, but I also give the pan a few sharp taps on the counter, both on the sides and the bottom.

It worked!!!!

I let the cake cool 10-15 minutes in the pan and then wacked it sharply on all four sides and the bottom, and it came out PERFECTLY! Not one little piece of cake left in the pan! I'm so tickled! Thanks again!
    -Christie Jean-Baptiste

Re: It worked!!!!

Originally posted by CARSUCH
    I let the cake cool 10-15 minutes in the pan and then wacked it sharply on all four sides and the bottom, and it came out PERFECTLY! Not one little piece of cake left in the pan! I'm so tickled! Thanks again!
    Yeah!!!
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

I like Baker's Joy for Bundt cakes too, but I was going to say that I only leave mine to cool for a minute or two. I have a Nordic pan, but it is a hard plastic one that was made to be used in both a microwave and a conventional oven, and I bet it's sides cool a lot faster than the heavy metal. If I ever get one of those new shaped ones, I'll have to keep that in mind