Community Message Boards
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January-Feb CL is here !!

Still waiting in Massachusetts!! And it's a double issue so nothing to look forward to next month! BOO HOO!!

Is it worth it as a double issue, folks?

Donna

I got my issue too but have not really had a chance to look through it too much yet! I hope that it is a keeper with lots of great recipes!
    "What I do today is important because I am paying a day of my life for it." ~unknown

Oh this issue looks REALLY good to me!! I was just telling my DH that I think I'd like to make probably 75% of the recipes in this one, as opposed to my usual 20% or so. Good thing too, since it's a combined issue! When oh when will they quit doing that - or at least quit doing it in the dead of winter when most people stay home and cook?? Why not combine November and December? Or July and August or something like that.

Originally posted by Grace
    Why not combine November and December?
    I agree. Those months would be the best to combine. Thanksgiving rolls into Christmas "before you know it" and I just don't get the chance to look at all the recipes.

I finally got my issue today, and have already marked quite a bit! One recipe that really hit me were the zwieback!! My family has made these rolls for generations, and to finally have an up-to-date lightened recipe is exciting.

I got mine on 1/3 in Western Ma. I didn't realize it is a combined issue.

-Susan

I really thought it would be bigger, since it's a combined issue.
    Dianne

I finally got mine yesterday....along with 2 others I've been waiting for.....

I've only looked through the recipe list in the back, some sound pretty good. Meg, I missed the zwieback, I'll have to check it out. DH's grandmother has made them for a long time too. I've made her recipe once, the little tops kept rolling off!
    *Susan*

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

A.A. Milne

Susan- I commend you for attempting it! I haven't tried --yet--, but I think this recipe is detailed enough, that I shouldn't get to off track. But, I've never made yeast bread, either. Well, I did make pizza dough once, and it never rose!

Am I the only one still without the Jan/Feb issue?
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart."
    Helen Keller

Originally posted by Carolina68
    Am I the only one still without the Jan/Feb issue?
    No, I am still without this issue, along with most of my other Jan subscriptions.
    All That's Left Are The Crumbs

"You can never do a kindness too soon, because you never know how soon it will be too late"

"Great minds talk about ideas; small minds talk about people" - Eleanor Roosevelt