Community Message Boards

Thread: Need Toddler Travel Bed Advice Please

Need Toddler Travel Bed Advice Please

My son is 16 months. He is almost the complete length of his pack n' play making it questionable for use as a bed when we travel. What do you all use when traveling with toddlers? My main concern is nap time. I doubt I could get him to stay in a regular travel bed on the floor long enough to fall asleep. Are there extra large pack n' plays? Advice or product suggestions would be great. Thanks!

At 16 months, I would probably just put him in a regular bed with rails to keep him from falling out. You can buy bed rails that collapse fairly small and can be extended almost the whole length of the bed.

Claire

Most hotels offer cribs (at an extra charge). I found them to be sufficient - and my kids were/are tall.

Just FYI the last hotel I stayed in gave us a pack 'n play when we requested a crib (fine by us) but not as big as a crib would be.

Kim

Some ideas

Here's a thought from the germ-phobes here...we borrowed a resort crib at Disney, and before our 11 month old was placed in there, we wiped down each rail and post with wipes the best we could.

This made us feel better, but you know, he HATED that crib, and ended up in bed with us, slow to fall asleep and very disruptive to my sleep.

I second the extendable bed rail. Once ours were a little older, this worked very well for us.

...And there was the time when we placed a rolling but not crawling baby on a clean large towel and hemmed him in with a wall and three duffel bags as a makeshift crib... This was at a friend's lovely (clean carpets) cottage.

Laurie

I think when our boys got too big for the travel tender (pack n play) but were not in a twin bed yet, we put them on a full size bed with pillows on either side.

Thanks for the advice everyone. The bed rail suggestion is a good alternative. I appreciate your wisdom.