Community Message Boards

Thread: How long can fresh squeezed orange juice last? Or toooo may oranges!

How long can fresh squeezed orange juice last? Or toooo may oranges!

Or what do you do with a bunch of oranges?
    I was given ALOT of oranges, and I would like to squeeze them into juice, but im not sure how long fresh squeezed will stay "fresh" beore it goes bad.
    Or...any other suggestions for LOTS of oranges?

I don't know how long orange juice lasts, but I do know you are not alone with this problem. Check out this thread
    Understand, when you eat meat, that something did die. You have an obligation to value it - not just the sirloin but also all those wonderful tough little bits.
    Anthony Bourdain

Could you freeze the juice once you've squeezed it? Maybe that would help.
    “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed
    door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”

Helen Keller (1880–1968)

Originally posted by LaraW
    Could you freeze the juice once you've squeezed it? Maybe that would help.
    That's a good idea. I don't see why not. We buy frozen concentrated juice all the time. Although, perhaps all the add ins help stabalize it when freezing. Then again, you can freeze lime/lemon juice and I believe it only slighly dulls the flavour, but I may be wrong.
    Adele

My Blog - http://passioknit.blogspot.com/

Guest Guest
    Fresh squeezed orange juice doesn't stay fresh for more than a few days in my experience, but the organes will keep in the refridgerator for a while. I have never frozen frshly squeezed oj, but would experiment first to see how it tastes after it has been defrosted. My suggestion is to squeeze as much as you can drink over 1 - 2 days and then squeeze another batch when you are ready for it.