Community Message Boards

Thread: Replacement Hot Pack for Pyrex Portable

Replacement Hot Pack for Pyrex Portable

I need help! I made a casserole for Superbowl Sunday yesteday. I went to microwave my Pyrex Portable Hot Pack. It instantly started making "popping" sounds in the microwave. I took it out to look at it and noticed on the back it says "DO NOT USE IF DOT TURNS BLACK" The dot was black. I've had it for about 11 years and it gets used alot. I don't have a web address or phone number for pyrex. Does anyone know why this happened?? My guess is it's just old?? Anyway, I need to replace the hot pack. Anyone know where I can get one?? Maybe they are for sale without the dish??? Thanks!

maybe try www.culinaryparts.com ??

J
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com

Guest Guest
    I was curious and did a bit of searching and discovered that others are also looking for replacements for the hot packs. Someone posted that they can be ordered from World Kitchen Inc. at 1-800-999-3436.

I also did more research and found the same information. World Kitchen is the place to call for replacement packs. They sell for about $11.00 not including tax and shipping. They told me in my area in Florida the "Prime Outlets" locations also carry them. I got the phone number and what a difference in price! They are selling them for $4.49!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a little bit of a drive for me, but I'll go there soon!

Leonard,

Out of curiosity, which store at Prime Outlets is it that carries it? We have a prime outlet center about an hour from me, I just wondered if the store is there too.

Lisa

Originally posted by Lrimerman
    Leonard,

Out of curiosity, which store at Prime Outlets is it that carries it? We have a prime outlet center about an hour from me, I just wondered if the store is there too.

Lisa
    It's probably a Corning Revere Store - they carry Pyrex there.

Yes, it is indeed the Corning Revere Outlet store. You can call World Kitchen at 1800-999-3436 and ask them what is the closest location to you that carries it. The woman was really nice when I called and even suggested that I NOT buy it from them because it is always cheaper through an outlet. Good Luck!

I also get mine at the outlet near me. If you want
    to PM me, I can get mail it to you.