Community Message Boards

Thread: Where can I find an "Uncrustable" maker?

Question Where can I find an "Uncrustable" maker?

You know the frozen PBJ sandwiches called Uncrustables? Well, I'm pretty sure there is an applicance you can use at home to make these, with any type of filling. It cuts the bread and crimps the edges to keep the filling in. Does anyone know where I can get one? I searched the Pampered Chef website and didn't see it. I also checked Linens N Things website. TIA. Martha

I have one of those from Pampered Chef. It is called Cut-n-Seal. It looks like a cookie cutter only it crimps and seals the edges. I didn't buy it recently so I don't know if they are still available. Did you try e bay?

They were just in the winter Pampered Chef catalog, so they should still be available.
    "...having dogs forces us to keep living in places that are right for us. And I think of all the things I might have given up had my dogs not shown me what was important in my life: fresh air, a garden, an eleven-thousand foot mountain in my backyard." - Pam Houston "The Bad Dogs of Park City"

www.peaceiswise.blogspot.com

I also have one from Pampered Chef. I happen to have a current catalog in front of me (I am having a show next week) and it is Item #1195 and retails for $8.75.

Lisa

Here's a link to the Cut-N-Seal on the Pampered Chef web site:

http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_prod...p?productId=33

Just to save you a few dollars, I just use a large cookie cutter to cut my kids sandwiches out. It doesn't "seal" like the other, but it works really well and they love the different shapes.

Thanks, everyone. I went to the website and filled out the form to have a representative call me. Hopefully I can order this. The kids would love it. I've tried cookie cutters and they just don't have the same "appeal" for some reason. Martha

Martha - a very good friend of mine became a PC consultant last year. She's in Rowley so she's close by (close by me, anyway )!! If you only want one item and not have a party, I can call her for you and get it ordered.

Edited to add - I'm saying this because I've tried filling out the form and have someone call me (before Bonnie was a consultant) and no one ever did. Plus, yeah, she's my friend!

PM me if you're interested with all your info.

Loren
    The term "working mother" is redundant.

I just did a quick ebay search & there are a bunch of them (some new) there too. Here's the link...
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ery=cut-n-seal

It isn't quite the same, but I have this set from King Arthur FLour and it's great (and pretty cheap, too):
    http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/turnover-set

schmittdarren has been reported.
    - Josie

This may seem a little unsophisticated, but what about those jaw-like chinese dumpling makers? I found some at Amazon called "dough presses" with multiple sizes. Of course, it fold the sandwich into a half-moon, but that could be sold as a plus... "Look, everyone else has a ROUND Uncrustable, but you get a HALF-MOON Uncrustable!!!"

Here's a link to one set that has four different sizes.
    http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-In...ref=pd_sim_k_3

Dyanne