Community Message Boards
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type of vacuum do you own?

DH wanted a Dyson for quite awhile. I did not want to spend that much money on a vacuum. He eventually got one without telling me on e-bay(purple one). I told him since he bought it, he is now responsible for the vacuuming. Seriously, however, I do like it quite a bit. And now DH does not argue with me, if I ask him to vacuum something for me .

Karen

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about the Dyson -- with such positive comments I really want one now!! I am glad to hear that we can buy the (cheaper) yellow Dyson and still have it do a good job on dog hair. Emptying it doesn't sounds too bad either! We have the Hoover Wind Tunnel right now and I am not that impressed. I am going to make that one our upstairs vacuum and use the Dyson downstairs, where the dogs spend most of their time. Thanks again for all the great info!
    Michelle

Originally posted by Jazzmatazz49
    Just don't buy an overpriced direct sales vacuum (like Electrolux). They are good, not that much better than one you'd get at Walmart, and the salesman gets most of the selling price. I bought one when I was a young bride. I fell for the in-home demo!
    This has nothing to do with what kind of vacuum you should buy now, but I do have to speak up for my Electrolux. I don't know how old it is because I bought it used in, I think, 1970. Probably paid $20-$25 for it. I've had to replace the cord and the hose, but never had any trouble with the motor. It's still going strong after all these years. They built those things to last.

There's nothing wrong with Electrolux, quite the opposite. I just don't think they're worth a thousand bucks. You got a deal! You can also buy rebuilt ones at places that repair Electrolux. Sorry if I stepped on toes, but I've had just as good service from my top of the line Kenmore. Along the same lines, I wonder if a rebuilt KA mixer would be a deal...
    Margaret

Well, we ended up buying a Sebo, which is comparable to the Miele but without the name recognition is much less expensive. It does pay to go to a vacuum store where they actually know something about what they are selling. Thanks for all the input.

Laura

VACUMN

KIRBY, HAVE HAD ONE FOR A BUNCH OF YEARS, THIS ONE IS UPSTAIRS FIRST
    ONE WAS PURCHASED NEW. MANY MOONS AGO, EACH MOOM BEING 10YS.
    AND ANOTHER KIRBY FOR THE DOWNSTAIRS (BOUGHT THIS ONE USED)

I am looking for a new vacume and found this old thread.

I have been doing some homework and the Sebo looks interesting. Does anyone own a Sebo?

Or can anyone give me any current reviews on vacumes?

TIA!

P.S. We don't have any dogs or cats inside our house.
    Julie

I don't know about vacumes, but I think that vaccuum is a pretty cool word... two double letters in a row, including the rare (only?) double U.

Only thing better is bookkeepers....
    More calm, cool, scathing logic that drives women crazy...