Community Message Boards

Poll: Who will (or did) you vote for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will you vote for?

Hybrid View

Question Who will you vote for?

It's here! So .... howabout a preliminary poll? Who are you voting for - Diana or Fantasia? Or not voting? Or waitng to vote?

I'll vote for Diana - WAHOO! She's holdin' it down for the big ATL! hehehehehe
    Stewie: "Some say life is like a box of chocolates, mother, but yours is like a box of active hand grenades!"

My Flickr!

My blog!

I vote for George. Oh wait, that wasn't an option.

I would have to say Fantasia. I thought it was on tonight, then noticed it's on tomorrow night, so I'll be tuning in.
    In a nutshell, I'm saying no to fishbread.
    - Wendy W - CLBB

I'll vote for Fantasia. Diana has a great voice but I'm more drawn to Fantasia's uniqueness. And I also think Fantasia's performances have been more consistent. Diana sometimes shouts, and she hasn't always been good at matching the emotion of the song to her vocal expressions. Fantasia would have to perform pretty badly tonight for me to change my mind, I think.

wait... isn't it tonight?
    Stewie: "Some say life is like a box of chocolates, mother, but yours is like a box of active hand grenades!"

My Flickr!

My blog!

I'm leaning towards Fantasia, but I really want to see the show tonight. I think they are both winners in their own right, so I really won't be disappointed at the decision. It's not like I would buy their CD's anyway. Good thing is that the phone lines will be open for 4 hours tonight, so they feel it should give people a chance to get through. Tonight is a great TV night!

I looked at their site and it said something about live viewing parties tomorrow night. Do they perform tonight and then it's announced tomorrow night? Now I'm confused!
    In a nutshell, I'm saying no to fishbread.
    - Wendy W - CLBB

Originally posted by SueK
    Do they perform tonight and then it's announced tomorrow night?
    YES - but they will perform tomorrow night too. It's on for one hours tonigh and two hours tomorrow, I think.

Fantasia, baby!

Diana has a good voice, but Fantasia has been consistently good whereas Diana has been off quite a bit. I also think that Fantasia has a much better stage presence than Diana. All of these things can and probably will come in time for Diana, but Fantasia is already there now, so she deserves to win.

Alysha

Fantasia, without a doubt. I don't even have to see the performances - I can't stand Diana.

I have to side with Fantasia on this one. I only tuned in to see my hometown guy John Stevens (who fared well, ending up in the top six) but then I really got behind LaToya London. We all know how that ended, but I'm sure she'll end up out there in recording land soon. I just can't bring myself to vote (i.e. voye) for Diana because she just reminds me of every perky, peppy, overzealous, I'm-the-lead-in-the-musical (again) drama queen I knew throughout high school. Sorry- it's an OPINION... free speech and all... no tomato hurling, please. I was asked, I commented. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    "Life is a cookie."
    Alan Arkin, Grosse Pointe Blank

Originally posted by AndreaU
    Sorry- it's an OPINION... free speech and all... no tomato hurling, please. I was asked, I commented. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    LOL. Hey, we've all pretty much been pretty blunt about what we think during this whole competition. And if we can watch Simon and his comments, we can certainly handle yours!

I've been behind Diana from the start, and I'm not about to turn on her now. I have to go to a graduation tonight, so I'm planning on taping it; luckily the phone lines will be on longer, too!

I know Diana has had some tough nights, but, personally, I cannot stand Fantasia's style. Ugh. But that's just me.

Fantasia...but Grrr, this happened to me last year: I didn't write down the phone numbers to call, and they're not listed anywhere on the #$%&*!@! website! Anyone know the number? I know Fantasia was 02, 04, and 06, but I need the rest of the number.

Thanks!
    -Rebecca

Endurance comes from exhaustion. Keep running!
    --DH, aka "Coach"

I think the numbers are 866-IDOLS-02(04)(06) for Fantasia, 01(02)(03) for Diana.

Fantasia, hands down.

It's 1-866-IDOLS-0X (01, 02, etc. depending on who you're voting for).

Did anyone else get chills during Fantasia's performance of I Believe?

Originally posted by gertdog
    Yep. I truly wasn't a fan of hers from the beginning, but she blew me away tonight (on the last 2 songs, anyway).

All I can say is that it's a very good thing for Diana that her performance of "I Believe" wasn't back to back with Fantasia's.

Fantasia, Fantasia, Fantasia.

Alright, I lied. I do have one more thing to say: I am sooooooo glad that I don't have to hear Diana's pipsqueaky "Thankyouverymuch!!!" anymore.

I've been a Fantasia fan from the beginning. However, I really wish she had sung an upbeat song last night. I didn't like her choice of songs, although she nailed that last one. Did anybody else have the feeling that the Tamira Gray song was picked to help promote Fantasia? It was definitely her type of song. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

I guess I posted on the wrong thread a few minutes ago.

What FuzzyDolly said....
    Margaret

I am still flabbergasted that Diana has even made it this far. I think she sounds like an okay drama production in high school. She has had maybe two performances during the whole series that sounded really good--the rest--ugh.

But that said, obviously she has a lot of fans. Personally, I'm not that worried because Fantasia obviously has a career in front of her--I mean, look at Tamyra Gray--she didn't even make top 3 and she's going to have what will likely be a pretty good career. Either way, I will definitely buy Fantasia's cd.

Kristi
    co-founder
    Planet Marshmallow
    www.planetmarshmallow.com

I tried to vote for Fantasia, but never could get through. Diana did not have a very good night last night, imo.

Originally posted by gertdog
    Yep.

Poor Diana - the song she nailed a week or so ago, she totally blew last night. My jaw dropped when she started to go so flat.

You're right Eva - she's lucky the I Believe song wasn't back to back with Fantasia, but Fantasia got to have the last say on it and that was very smart of her.

Sorry, Diana, not even close this time around.

America better get it right!!!!! Imagine a year of having to see Diana over and over again????? Sweet enough girl, but she's not ready for that kind of spotlight!

Alysha

What is up with the 2-hour finale??? Ugh. Maybe I'll just tune in for the last 5 minutes. I guess they probably did that last year, but I was out at a bar with friends, so we didn't really notice how long it was on.

Sigh...I was hoping the boys could watch - it's so much fun to see the end but it's on until 10. Do I dare let them stay up that late and then have to deal with the crankies tomorrow????

Alysha

Originally posted by lindrusso
    What is up with the 2-hour finale??? Ugh.
    I agree. Ugh. I considered tuning in for just the last 5 minutes, but then I figure I might miss something fun, like the entire cast up there singing, or perhaps Clay or Ruben, or something else interesting (like an overly-tanned Paul Anka doing a cheesy version of a tune he wrote for Frank Sinatra........ What was up with that???? )

Sorry. I'm sure that'll offend someone.......

Oh. And I've really had enough of Ryan Seacrest. Really.

Originally posted by SandyM
    Sorry. I'm sure that'll offend someone.......
    Not me.

My Dad, who is here visiting, was asking why in the world would they haul HIM out for a show like this???? And all we could think was that he MUST have had MAJOR plastic surgery.....

And I'm sure that Simon would agree with you on the Ryan comment. I don't mind him so much. It's way better than having him and Dunkleman (can't remember his first name - Brian?) like they did the first year - now THAT was bad!

Alysha

I tried exactly one time to vote for Fantasia. The call didn't even make it to busy..it just didn't work. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I know someone who wants Diana to win simply because the judges were so overwhelmingly supporting Fantasia. Well...there's a reason they supported Fantasia...the girl can sing!!!

I didn't like Fantasia in the beginning, but I acknowledged from the beginning that she definitely could sing! She's grown on me. I wasn't choked up with what I saw as an attitude...but I think she's quite the showman. I loved the last 2 songs she sang last night. No, "Summertime" isn't a song that anyone is going to hear on the radio...but that girl belted out that song! It was amazing! (By the way, I do NOT think she sounds like Macy Gray...I can understand why people think that, but I don't think Macy could carry a tune in a bucket. Her voice grates on my last nerve!!!!)

Even though I think Diana may be a nice sweet girl, I just don't think she's anywhere in the same league as far as real talent is concerned. The discussion on the radio this morning was that so many people weren't voting FOR Diana as much as they were voting AGAINST Fantasia. That's just not right. They need to reconsider the voting rules for next time. One vote per person...voting OFF the worse singer. Not cutest, sweetest, youngest, reddest hair, or studliest guy...TALENT! As in - singing ability.

As I've mentioned before, it's really not nearly as fun as last year between Clay and Ruben. I think Fantasia SHOULD win...I just have a gut feeling that Diana is going to win. That's ok...Fantasia and LeToya will very likely still have much bigger careers. All those people who voted dozens or hundreds of times will still only potentially buy ONE cd. I can see Diana quietly disappearing...sort of the way of Justin (though maybe not quite as quickly as Justin.)

I thought this was a poll on the presidential vote!!

This is much more interesting.

I missed the first 20 minutes, so can only comment on each of their 2nd and 3rd performances. I felt really bad for Diana when she went haywire in the middle of her last song. She commented that it was hard to hear up there, and as a former singer, I know that really can make a huge difference - not that I'm defending her, but that's tough. For a 16-year-old, I give her a lot of credit. I think she has a tremendous amount of poise and professionalism and has really improved dramatically over the course of the competition. That being said, we voted for Fantasia - or tried to anyway - could never get through.

The other thing that was really bothering me about the show last night was how much the judges were praising Fantasia and essentially saying that she'd won. Given that the judges don't actually vote, and it's up to the people who call, I thought that was unfair and hurtful to say over and over again as Diana was standing there. It's one thing to say that they think Fantasia SHOULD win, but another to act as though she already had, while Diana is still standing there and wanting people to vote for her. Just felt it was bad form somehow. But I'm one who thought they handed it to Ruben, too, when he didn't deserve it ...

And I agree that the song was much better suited for Tamyra's style - although I wasn't able to catch Diana's version. Fantasia's version of Summertime gives me absolute chills.

I voted "Not voting" because I haven't a clue what you are all talking about! Guess it's obvious I don't turn on the TV...pop culturally deficient!!

Peggy
    To take the first step in faith, you don't have to see the whole staircase: just take the first step. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Oh Peggy you mean to dont watch IA

we watched it last night. Dh couldnt believe that Diana and Fantasia sang the same song. I said fanatasia has always put her own touch to a song and not just copy it. I loved the gospel spin she put on it, and then couldnt believe she is only 19. I thought she was much older. Now she has come a long way, remember in the beginning when she badmouthed Simon.

I dont think it is right either the judges were very nasty to Diana, even though she is not nearly as talanted, they just didnt need to say what they did.
    I told DH Diana will win though because of the makeup of the voters.

Laurie