Community Message Boards

Thread: For those who pray...

Hybrid View

For those who pray...

My friend Stephen's family just found out that his dad has cancer. He's a diabetic and the cancer is wrapped around his pancreas and a main artery so there's no way to do surgery, and they don't know if radiation will help. They can't just cut off part of his pancreas because he pretty much needs it all, its the organ that produces insulin. He's a young guy, just 51. He's been battling diabetes for a long time and just had quadruple bypass surgery a few years back, so he's not the healthiest in the world. Right now they're saying that about the only thing that can save him would be a miracle. If there was anybody that deserved one, it's this guy. He lets us hang out at his house, even if its just with him, he let's us stay at the "Handy Hotel" when weather is bad or if somebody just needs a place to crash, he lets us raid his fridge whenever we feel like it, he's just an all around good guy and he really needs our prayers. So do what you can, put him on the prayer chain at church, if you just happen to think about this thread, say a little prayer. Thank you from me and the family.

--jori

Best wishes.
    More calm, cool, scathing logic that drives women crazy...

He's on my list now jori! (((((Jori and Stephen)))))
    Stewie: "Some say life is like a box of chocolates, mother, but yours is like a box of active hand grenades!"

My Flickr!

My blog!

Hi Jori,

Best wishes to your friend.
    Adele

My Blog - http://passioknit.blogspot.com/

Prayers on the way
    Connie

Will add Stephen's family to my list of prayers.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Prayers coming from CA!

Peggy
    To take the first step in faith, you don't have to see the whole staircase: just take the first step. - Dr. Martin Luther King

I'm so sorry to hear such sad news about your friend's dad. He and his family are in my prayers. You're a good friend.