Community Message Boards

Thread: the sweetest words!!!

Talking the sweetest words!!!

Last night my 7 year old son said to me before he left the table.... "Dinner was great Mom, thanks!!"

I'm such a sucker! I made chicken stuffed with proscuitto, spinach and boursin - I thought it was just ok but he LOVED it!!

Anyone else have those melt on the spot moments? I think he's on to me though b/c he keeps telling me I'm a great cooking mama - someday soon I think it will be followed by... oh BTW can I have an increase in my allowance?
    Charisse

Awww, how sweet.

Yes, it's very nice to hear your kids gush over a meal instead of hearing "What's that?" or "I dont' like that". Sometimes my boys tell me I should be a chef.

Of course I have to take all that praise with a grain of salt. My boys are as apt to gush over a really nice meal as over a greasy plate of fried food at a fast food restaurant.

Those moments are wonderful. I hope they continue when they are older!! Enjoy them now I guess!! I had one with my DD yesterday, too!!

When we got home I told her that she could help make jam with us (dad and I) after Dinner. She jumped up and said, "Oh yeah! Mom your jam is the best!!"

Both my kids seem to appreciate my cooking and love to help. However, they also get jazzed at getting to have fast food!!

Lisa

yup - both boys LOVE chicken nuggets and fries BUT gotta love these rare moments!!
    Charisse

Absolutely! My husband is a very picky eater, so when you get a compliment you know you've earned it. I have slaved to perfect my chicken and dumplings recipe. Everytime I make it now he gets this blissful look on his face and says "This is the BEST chicken and dumplings I've EVER had!". Makes it all worthwhile

This made me think of the Australian movie, The Castle. The husband and son kept highly praising the wife's cooking. "Oh, my gosh. This is the best meal ever. You're such a good cook. What do you call this dish?" "Meatloaf." It was so, so funny, especially because the characters were so earnest in their praise.
    Grab the guns. I'll make pancakes. ~Sarah Conner

It's most gratifying to me when my 10-yr-old DS4 tries something he thinks he'll hate, and with his mouth full he gives a huge thumbs up and makes yummy sounds. And last night, tho we're currently in a huge fight, DH tasted the amaretto peach pecan preserves I made and said they were incredible. It didn't melt my frozen heart, but I felt victorious over the problems I had with the preserves.
    Just another Susan

"Peggy, here I am tryin' to contain an outbreak, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" Hank Hill

www.thebreastcancersite.com Click here to fund free mammograms!