Community Message Boards

Thread: today's happy thread

Talking today's happy thread

In honor of Andrea's happy thread the other day, which I missed (dangit) I thought I'd do one for today.

Anyone else have any utterly goofy thoughts or theories?

I have two favorites:

1) Life would be more fun if we had tails. We could decorate them, play with them when we're nervous, use them as an indication of our mood, flick people (and then deny it) when they annoy us. Of course then we run the risk of having yet another means of discrimination, as the thick plush tail-ed people may put down the stump tail people, and then there would be the whole group of curly tailed people that no one would want to deal with...

2) the Littles really do exist. What else explains where all of my pens and nail polishes go?

Feel free to start singing or quoting Shel Silverstein again...

Leah, who had a stressful weekend and is looking forward to a stressful day and just needs a blast of silliness from time to time (or daily)
    "With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

I think the littles exist

I have not much to add other than going to see spidey 2 which definitely gave me a happy Doc Ock was awesome

J
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com

I'm glad my previous thread was enjoyed... that was the idea! Thanks for starting one today, Leah!

Just wanted to share, DH and I were scouting the yard yesterday and noticed our neighbor's tree was leaning quite a bit, to the point where the top rail of the metal fence was bent. Well, this morning I let the dogs out as I always do. I look out and there's Colby ON TOP OF the tree! It apparently fell overnight and bent the whole fence. I wish I had the camera so I could show you how funny and cute he was atop the toppled tree! (No, nothing/nobody was hurt.)

My happy thoughts:
    • last night we broke open the 5 pound Hershey bar I got when I went to Hershey Park last week! Mmmmmm.... chocolate!
    • DH & I are testing for our red belts in karate, which means we're about a year and a half away from becoming black belts!
    • my college reunion is coming up, so I get to spend a weekend in the beautiful Adirondack mountains with some of my best friends
    • I've read 3 books since school let out last week!

As for my goofy thoughts:
    • Why is it that games such as horseshoes and lawn darts seem to be played only when alcohol is involved? Let's give drunk people heavy metal or sharp pointed objects to throw around!
    • Who invented spray cheese? And WHY???
    • If I had a million dollars, I'd bathe in M&Ms!!
    • Would you be willing to run around in a human-sized hamster ball? I would! What fun!
    "Life is a cookie."
    Alan Arkin, Grosse Pointe Blank

78704 - more than a zipcode, it's a lifestyle.
    Yesterday I got to sit on top of some rafters and watch a fantastic sunset while enjoying a cool breeze. Then I got to see billions of fireflies flicker through the trees. It was great.

My neighbors invited me to go camping next weekend, it's nice to have new friends!

--kristin
    Your actions speak so loudly I can hardly hear you - Henry David Thoreau

I'm happy today because....

My new Corian countertops are being installed right now!

DD1's lazy eye is considered cured. She's now at 20/25 with her glasses. She's elected to do eye drops only as maintainence for the next 4 months.

Leigh
    "Mommy, Can we Please, Please, Please have spinach for dinner?" DD2(age 6)

I missed Andrea's thread too. Glad to see another one started.

Jim and I start our motorcycle training course next week to get our endorsement.

I have my appointment scheduled to get my tattoo - Friday, July 23.

I'm looking forward to being with friends on the west coast the first week in August, and then I'm flying to Rapid City, SD to participate in the Sturgis Rally.

I'm loving my iPOD.

Jim and I had a great, stress-free 3-day weekend, and we saw a fabulous fireworks display on Saturday night.

I have wonderful friends.

I have my appointment scheduled to get my tattoo - Friday, July 23.

[/B]
    How cool!!!!

Did you decide on a design? Did you go for the scales of justice?
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com

Originally posted by greysangel
    Did you decide on a design? Did you go for the scales of justice?
    Yes. And No.

I'll post a picture after the fact.

here's another thought or two...

if you could have a dinner party and invite anyone you wanted - alive or dead, real or fictional, who would you invite?

and if you could be an animal, which one would you choose?

my answers:

1) Dennis Quaid, King Arthur, Albert Einstein, Ellen DeGeneres, my deceased brother & grandma, God, Buddha, Calvin (Hobbes can come too), and a few others - the list changes all the time

2) an otter. They seem to have so much fun!

Leah
    "With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

I don't have anything goofy but I am still high from our ride yesterday. It was just home from the beach but it was in the rain. I can't remember a better ride! It was mostly highway and it was coming down pretty consistent. We had left our rain gear at home! Big milestone for me.

Sandy ~ gettin' your endorsement, tattoo and Sturgis....it's all over now! I'm looking to get inked again, DH= got his third last Friday.

I am back to work today but still happy from Sunday! I must say it was the best 4th of July ever. The weather was glorious, the trees green and rustling, the fireflies bountiful.

My parents had my aunt, uncle, cousin and his girlfriend over. My brother and my niece. My parents' neighbors. My husband and I. A very diverse group of people, some of whom had never met, and within half an hour we were all the best of friends.

My mom is a wonderful cook and she makes lots of veggies (which I am usually not crazy about, but she has the magic touch). I am still eating leftovers today.

We played blackjack (my 6year old niece taught me), bingo, watermelon seed spitting..and the neighbors have a trampoline in their backyard so everybody jumped. My parents also have a small fountain where birds always go to take baths.

Then when it got dark, we took a walk and watched whatever fireworks we could! All in all, it was a wonderful wonderful day and I am planning on basking in it the whole week.

Angela

Well, lookie here... another happy thread...

hmmm.... crazy theory...

I'm currently mulling over an idea about combining a restaurant w/ a health club....

Charge lots of $$ up front for the health club.... every member gets a card that plugs into the exercise equipment... the card records the calories... then, when you have accumulated enough, you can go next door and order whatever you want on the menu, where the price is listed in calories!

Whaddaya think?
    More calm, cool, scathing logic that drives women crazy...

Well, I missed Andrea's other thread, too, but I think this is an excellent idea!

I'm happy because:

--I just spent a wonderful weekend visiting my lovely parents. I enjoyed it so much, I just booked a flight for next weekend, to surprise my mother on her 60th birthday! She didn't think I could make it, so she is going to be THRILLED.

---DBF and are are going to a picnic and open-air concert tonight.

---DBF and I have decided, after 10 years of dating, that we will tie the knot next May!

Congrats KristalSnow7....do you have a proposal story?

Kristal
    CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm a sucker for romance
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

I got to spend my holiday weekend with 2 wonderful board buddies in lovely Toronto, got to see my favourite band EVER at Molson Ampitheatre from the 5th row (rock on Sarah) and have some great pictures, and I have a job! Oh happy day! And... I get to buy a car this week.

You know, there is a ;cool; smilie, I want a :drool: one as well.
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

Your wish is my command:

Originally posted by Escher
    Your wish is my command:
    Schweet!
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

Congratulations Kristal and Bethany!
    Grab the guns. I'll make pancakes. ~Sarah Conner

Aw, thanks for the congratulations, everyone! There really isn't any proposal story to tell. We just decided, after spending the weekend with family and friends, that we'd like to commit a bit further to one another. We plan on getting married on our ten year "anniversary", which happens to be 5/5/05. It will be a Thursday, but so what?