Community Message Boards

Thread: Supper Club in New London area

Supper Club in New London area

I would love to start a supper club in the New London area (Mystic, Stonington, East Lyme, Waterford, Old Lyme). If you're interested, please let me know. I love to cook and would really enjoy cooking with a group. It's been a dream of mine for many years! I'd prefer a lunch club, if possible, since I have kids in school and find it difficult to be out in the evening. Contact me if you're interested. It would be fun!
    Joan W.

Hi Joan. I'm already a member of a supper club, but my stepmother-in-law ( lives in New London, gets CL, and has been envious of my cooking club activities for a while now. She also works PT and may able to do a lunchtime meal. May I forward your post to her and see if she'd be interested?

Let me know...

Jen

Neuropiggy, Yes, please forward my message on to your stepmother in New London. I'll have to research details on starting a club, but she and I could discuss all the possibilities. Thank you.
    Joan W.

Have you had any luck in starting a supper club? I would be very interested in joining. I work full-time so a lunch club would not work for me.

I see you are from Stonington. I'm not sure what the next step is but I'd love to talk to you about a Supper Club. I have a son in school so evenings and homework are difficult, but perhaps we can find an evening once a month or so to meet and cook. Do you have friends that would like to join our group? I haven't asked any friends here since I was hoping to join an existing group. I'm not sure how you and I can connect. Perhaps you know. This is my first time using the Bulletin Board. Let me know how we can discuss this idea and what nights would be best for you. Wednesday nights might be best for me. I'm so glad you responded!!
    Joan W.

Thumbs up Response to Supper Club Posting

Hi! I'm new to the bulletin board too and I also live in this same area. I wondered how we might talk to one another. Feel free to try me at my email: surfbaby@excite.com

Hello! Sorry for the long delay in reply. I am still interested in a supper club. I am new to this area, so I don't know if I can find others to participate. I would be able to do something on Wed nites. Please email me at donna.jacobs@comcast.net and we can make plans to get together.

Supper Club Startup!!!

Hi Joan!
    I would love to be part of the start up of a supper club in the New London area. I live in Uncasville and have wanted to join a club for some time. Please contact me ASAP!
    I look forward to hearing from you!

Italia

I now live in Oakdale. I'm still active in my longstanding supper club (since 2003-ish!), but the get-togethers are sporadic and far away. I'd be interested in something closer to home. With that group, it's family-friendly, so my husband and two little ones often come along, but I'm open to anything. Anybody else interested other than Italia & I?
    Jennifer Leiser

Smile Supper Club Startup!!!

Hello!

Just waiting to see if there are others in the New London, Oakdale, Uncasville etc areas to discuss formation of a supper club. I was thinking monthly once we all get togeather a couple of times to meet and make sure we are all on the same page. I have a covered poarch with a harvest table waiting for people who love great food as much as I do to sit at it and EAT!

Italia

Well, Joan & Donna last responded 7+ years ago! Joan's school-aged son might have graduated by now, lol. These message boards are all but dead these days; 2004 was when there was a lot more activity, and even then it was hard to get something going--we had a lot of starts and stops to our club before we got a good, core group! We might have to look to meetup.com to try to drum up more interest. Let me know your thoughts, Italia!

Jen :-)
    Jennifer Leiser

Supper Club Start Up

Hi Jen!
    I am hoping that even a few of us could get something togeather and than perhaps by word of mouth it could evolve into something. I am game to try any way to get it going.

Italia