Community Message Boards

Thread: How much Spinach Articoke dip to make?

How much Spinach Articoke dip to make?

I am attending our company Christmas Party next week. It's pot luck and I thought that it would be fun to take Cl's Spinach Artichoke dip. I am planning on throwing it in the crockpot right after work and cooking on high for a while and then set it to "Keep Warm" while it's there.

So, my question is, how much do I make? 1 recipe, 1.5, 2? There will be about 20 people there plus 2-4 children under the ages of 7. If last year is any indication we just will kind of graze on all of the food for about 2-2.5 hours while we chat and have cockails/drinks.

I have not done much entertaining for groups larger than 6 so I would love to hear what all of you think. Thanks!!

Well, for me there is never too much spinach artichoke dip, but if you don't want left overs, I always try 1.5 times a recipe for potlucks. If your dip runs out everyone will want the recipe.

But if you do have leftovers, I have become a master at reusing spin dip. You can make the leftovers into calzones (just buy some refridgerator dough if you don't want to make pizza dough) or my personal favorite is to make a spinach dip pizza. I buy the bags of pizza dough mix (the ones that need no kneading) and spread a little FF cream cheese on the dough, the spin dip, and sone extra cheese (is there ever too much cheese ?) and then just bake it. It is a great treat at our house.

Have a great time

I've found that at our pot lucks 1 recipe is enough. If you figure at least 10 people will be bring a full recipe, 10 different appetizers for 20 people is more than enough. Chances are the children will stay away from the spinach and artichoke dish and mostly adults will eat this. Yummy!

Are the other people bringing dishes as well? If so, I would just make one recipe. There is enough in that recipe to for everyone who likes it to have an ample serving, especially if there is other food. But then I'm weird about re-using items that have been on a buffet...if people are dipping into it, etc...and I wouldn't want leftovers.

Others are bringing things but so far it looks like the only other appetizer type thing is a veggie tray.

My first thought was that leftover spinach artichoke calzones sounded fabulous but krhm's point about all those other people dipping in is a good one.

I would hate to run out so maybe 1.5 will be sufficient without seeming like too much.