Community Message Boards

Thread: Suggestions for Smoked Chicken Leftovers

Question Suggestions for Smoked Chicken Leftovers

I smoked some chickens this weekend and have some left over. Anyone have suggestions for a quick and easy dinner using the smoked chicken boned and chopped as an ingredient?

You could make a wonderful chicken salad--apples, celery, onion, a little mayo...serve on greens, in tomato or pepper halves, or in a pita.

Or saute some peppers and onions and make fajitas! Grab a tortilla, slice some avocado, spoon some salsa, and wrap it--yum.

What about a BBQ chicken pizza, with the smoked chicken, spicy BBQ sauce, red onion, cilantro, smoked gouda...??

I bet it would be great in the Black Bean Taco Salad from last summer's CL. (June or July, maybe?)

I made the Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas with my leftover smoked chicken and they were wonderful!! I also like making Smoked Chicken Pasta Carbonara. The bacon and smoked chicken compliment each other nicely! Just the CL Carbonara recipe!

How about a smoked chicken cobb salad? Add diced smoked chicken/bacon/boiled egg/avocado/onions/tomatoes/ bleu cheese and whatever you like for a cobb salad. A balsamic based salad dressing would be good or even a homemade honey/dijon dressing.

I'm w/ Kristi! Barbecue-Chicken Pizza... mmmm! That's one of our all-time favorites!
    I toss the chicken lightly in (real) maple syrup before I put it on the pizza. Delicious!

Lynn

[This message has been edited by Lynn B (edited 05-16-2001).]

I posted a similar question a couple of months ago--see the thread titled 'What to do with leftover roast chicken?' for some more ideas. I ended up making the Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from a CL issue earlier this year--it really tasted good with the smoked chicken. Aren't smokers the greatest?

DmOrtega Guest

Smile

What sounds good to me, is fettucine alfredo with broccoli and the smoked chicken. This combination is one of my favorites.