Community Message Boards

Poll: Vote for Your Favorite TV Show

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite TV Cooking Show?

What's Your Favorite TV Cooking Show?

Hi.
    There are so many good shows on television right now. What's your favorite? Feel free to add to the list.
    Jennifer

Right now, I am loving Everyday Italian

I can't vote on the poll (AOL), but I vote for Nigella Bites and Everyday Italian (not listed) with Giada DiLaurentiis. I don't watch any of the other shows (don't like them at all, oddly enough - ok, except for Good Eats, but I don't watch that one religiously).

I like 30 min meals with Rachael Ray.
    Patty

I enjoy Barefoot Contessa, Everday Italian, Michael Chiarello, and Food 911.

At the moment, it's "Everyday Italian." Love Giada!
    "Life is a cookie."
    Alan Arkin, Grosse Pointe Blank

I'm another one loving Everyday Italian, and I can't wait until her cookbook comes out. Another show I like to catch is Michael Chiarello's show.
    In a nutshell, I'm saying no to fishbread.
    - Wendy W - CLBB

I'd say we watch Good Eats more than any other, with Barefoot Contessa and Everyday Italian coming close behind.

Good Eats wins by a landslide in our house! We watch it every time it's on and I also have DH tape it for me when I'm not home. I only watch the other ones if they happen to be on - I don't go out of my way to watch them.

From those on the list I chose Michael Chiarello, but I am a bigger fan of 30 Minute Meals and Food 911 with Tyler Florence.

North of the ocean, South of the Freeway, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Good Eats is my favorite of those listed, and I also like 'Calling All Cooks.'
    Anna
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money.
    Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine,
    something Brussels sprouts never do.
    P. J. O'Rourke, humorist

My vote was for Good Eats. 30 Minute Meals is my second choice. I don't dislike Emeril Live, but it reminds me of an informercial when the audience applauds because he's tossed in extra garlic or spices.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard all the bull before.

Cheryl

I would hate to choose between Good Eats, Barefoot Contessa, Sarah's Secrets, Everyday Italian and Paula's Home Cooking. I am very tired of Rachael Ray.

Another vote for Everyday Italian...my current favorite. I think it changes every few months.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Anonymous

So far, its Good Eats in a landslide, isn't it? I'm dying to know why CL is asking! Are you considering your own show?
    Anne

When you start to cook, as when you begin to live, you think that the point is to improve the technique until you end up with something perfect, and that the reason you haven’t been able to break the cycle of desire and disillusion is that you haven’t yet mastered the rules. Then you grow up, and you learn that that’s the game.

Adam Gopnik, The New Yorker

My favorite is 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray. That is the only show that I make an effort to watch. I do also love, though, Barefoot Contessa and Good Eats.

LOVE Good Eats!!!
    ~Kim~

Nashville Restaurant Examiner - check out my page
    Check out my blog: Zen Kitchen http://onehotkitchen-kim.blogspot.com/

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    Dave Barry

North of the ocean, South of the Freeway, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    I think Rose Levy Beranbaum has a show these days, but it isn't syndicated in my area, apparently, more's the pity.
    Anna
    A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money.
    Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine,
    something Brussels sprouts never do.
    P. J. O'Rourke, humorist

Grace - how come you can't vote with AOL? I have AOL too, but haven't had any problems...

My ultimate favorite is Nigella Bites, but we have DirecTv and the Style Network is not one of their channels, so I don't get to see it that often.

I also like Everyday Italian and Michael Chiarello's show. Also on our Tivo lineup is Paula Deen's show, 30 Minute Meals, Barefoot Contessa, any of Jamie Oliver's shows, etc. There is probably a shorter list of shows I don't like. Iron Chef doesn't do it for me. I don't mind the set-up and premise of the show, actually like it, but I suppose the biggest turnoff is the ingredients they use. Just not too practical in my everyday cooking -- eel, anyone? The new Iron Chef America could be interesting though, and I'll check it out.

Sissy Biggers used to have a show called Ready-Set-Cook. Anyone remember it? I loved that show, but haven't seen it for a few years. Is it still on? If so, what channel?
    Visit my website (mostly cooking, with life thrown in for good measure):
    http://www.sweetnicks.com

My favorite food show of all time is Food and Drink (BBC, Antony Worrall Thompson & Oz Clarke). The runner up would be Wok with Yan (CBC, old again).

Good Eats is just about the only show I ever watch on Food-TV. Sometimes I catch Rachel Ray's $40-A-Day show.

Unfortunately I don't have cable, but when I'm at my mom's house I hog the TV and watch FOOD TV. I love "Everyday Italian"!

I voted "Other' as it is a tie between Nigella and Everyday Italian. I can't wait to get Di Laurentiis book-I have preordered it....unless Grace gets me a signed copy!!!!
    You think you're not ever going to be able to eat another thing, but alas, you will find yourself feeling strangely peckish around teatime. The more you eat, the more you want. That's the way it goes."

Nigella Lawson

Of those listed, it was between Good Eats and Barefoot Contessa (wow, guess I'm the only one creeped out by Giada). I voted Barefoot Contessa but could as easily have gone Good Eats. I dig AB!

I watch just about all of them but my very favorite is Lydia's Italian-America kitchen with Everyday Italian running second.

Good Eats is my favorite. I like the concept of learning while being fun. I am surprized not to see any of Tyler F.'s efforts on here. I always liked Food 911 and How to Boil Water is better with Tyler, but I hated Tyler's Ultimate. I also am very into Barefoot Contessa & Everyday Italian. I like how all of these shows use ingredients you can find everyday and make recipes a home cook might want to try.
    Waltnj

I just started watching Good Eats and I love it. You can learn so much from him. But my hands-down favorite is Everyday Italian.
    "Nobody likes beets, Dwight! Why don't you grow something that everybody does like? You should grow candy" -Michael Scott

Another Everyday Italian Fan here! Everytime I have made one of the recipes it turns out great! Love her style and ease.

I miss Martha Stewart!!

I also like Alton Brown, Tyler Florence (esp. Tyler's ultimate), and occasionally Emeril.
    I am another one who is extremely tired of Rachel Ray!

I voted for Nigella Bites - I love her style and the show.

I enjoy Barefoot Contessa in the sense I think she does a good job demonstrating how to make things. Sometimes the extra shots of her not cooking are a bit much - tooling around New England in her BMW convertible with the wind blowing her scarf; soaking in her tub with candles before guests arrive, etc.

I do not watch a lot of other cooking shows.