Community Message Boards

Thread: What is frozen Vegetable Seasoning Blend?

Question What is frozen Vegetable Seasoning Blend?

I have a recipe calling for a 10-oz pkg. of frozen vegetable seasoning blend? I've never heard of it, and I couldn't find it today at my grocery store. I'm even drawing a blank on the internet! Can somebody tell me what this is?

Thanks!

It really says seasoning blend? Ive heard of frozen vegetable blend, but not with the word seasoning!

Kim

Hmmmmmm Would it be a frozen vegetable blend with seasoning added. Curious! Maybe if you post the recipe we can try to decipher.

What is the recipe for? If there are other seasonings in it, then unseasoned vegetables are fine. But I am not sure what seasoned ones are. Could it be "in season" vegetable?? Like Emeril says "I don't know where you buy your (flour, etc), but where I buy mine, they don't come seasoned".

I've seen packages of frozen onion, peppers, parsley, etc. which I think was called seasoning blend. It is usually by the frozen chopped onions (which for some reason in the grocery I go to are with the frozen potatoes instead of near the frozen vegetables). Could this be what you were looking for?

The recipe is from the CL 5 Ingredient/15 Minute Cookbook, pg. 216. I wanted to make the Corn Salad - something quick and easy.

clairea, from the recipe picture, I believe you are right. It looks like it's some kind of mixture of onions and peppers. I'll look again in the frozen potatoes section--or just chop my own onions and peppers. I just needed to know what it was. Thank you.

Here's the recipe....

Corn Salad
    6 servings
    2 15.25 oz cans no salt added whole kernel corn (I bought frozen corn instead), drained
    1 10-oz pkg. frozen vegetable seasoning blend
    1/3 cup Vegetable Salad Marinade (see recipe)

Combine and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, stirring frequently.

Vegetable Salad Marinade
    2/3 cups sugar
    2 cups cider vinegar
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp pepper
    Combine in saucepan, bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Let cool. Cover. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Stir before adding to vegetables.
    Yield: 2 1/3 cups

Thank you all again for your help! You guys are wonderful.

Someone mentioned this, but it's a blend of chopped onion, peppers, celery and parsley (something like that). And it's located next to the frozen potatoes.

The brand I've used is McKenzie's.