Community Message Boards

Thread: OMG! Blue Cheese Pecans

Hybrid View

OMG! Blue Cheese Pecans

Just made these for the first time for Super Bowl... Unbelievable! DH and I ate almost the whole batch BEFORE company arrived. Just had to rave about these lovely little bites of heaven!!!!
    ~ Alyssa

We really like those too. I made them for a snacks for Thanksgiving, along with the Teriyaki Walnuts and the Rosemary Roasted Bar Nuts. If you haven't seen
    this thread, you might want to check it out.
    Visit my website (mostly cooking, with life thrown in for good measure):
    http://www.sweetnicks.com

I made these for Thanksgiving and they were YUMMYLICIOUS!
    Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. . .

OMG, is right!!! I missed the original thread. They sound amazing. Right up my alley! Off to the printer..

Peggy
    To take the first step in faith, you don't have to see the whole staircase: just take the first step. - Dr. Martin Luther King

I've made both and they are heavenly!
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

I have a question about these pecans.

Has anyone ever heard of or tried a recipe for Blue Cheese Pecans before trying this recipe?

I've seen them combined in other ways, like dips, but not directly together like this. It just seems to me they must have been done before, but I didn't come across anything on a web search either.

Not that I could get these published in Cooking Light or anything - I don't think there are many recipes that could be any higher in fat!

Alysha

Alysha,

When I made these for my election night party, I searched a few places for a recipe. Your suggestion didn't have too many specifics in it, so I was looking for more guidance, and didn't find too much out there. All I did was quantify your suggestions and a hit was born. Fabulous idea.
    --Mary Kate--

"In all our woods there is not a tree so hard to kill as the buckeye. The deepest girdling does not deaden it, and even after it is cut down and worked up into the side of a cabin it will send out young branches, denoting to all the world that Buckeyes are not easily conquered, and could with difficulty be destroyed." - Daniel Drake, 1833