Community Message Boards

Thread: Club in Northwest Boston suburbs?

Club in Northwest Boston suburbs?

Hello! I was wondering if there is a club in the Northwest suburbs of Boston, say in the routes 2/128/495 area? I live in Littleton -- are there any clubs in my area or does anyone want to start one?

Thanks!

I'm very interested in joining an existing (or starting a new) supper club. I live in Methuen, about 25 mins north on 495 from Littleton. Hopefully we can find others who are interested as well.

That's great! Methuen isn't too far for me.

I live in Tewksbury, off 495/93. Interested in joining/starting a club with singles or couples, all age groups. All welcome.

Great! So now we have 3 people. I'm up for either singles or couples and all ages groups as well. Any thoughts about how many more members we should get before we meet to get this supper club off the ground?

I was wondering that too. I guess we could start with three. Do you want to plan to meet somewhere? I have to say, though, my husband is NOT interested in participating in this. Is that a problem?

No problem at all. We could start out just us and see who else wants to join in. It would be nice to have a varied group. I'll post the request on the main Supper Club board and see if anyone else responds.

And then there were 4 (possibly).
    I am in Billerica and would like to join a club as well. I'll anxiously await further postings to see if we're a go or not.

Haven't seen any new responses in the past week. I'm willing to start this meeting up if anyone wants to email me. Any thoughts?

Sure -- what do we do next? Arrange to meet and greet?

I'm up for it as well. Meeting at a place off 495 for the first time, sounds like a good solution. Any recommendations for date and time?

Setting up a meeting along 495 sounds great. So now we have to decide where and when? Unfortunately, my schedule is booked through the end of the month, but I'd be up for scheduling something the week of May 1st. Since we are looking for some place between Littleton and Methuen along 495, maybe we could consider the Chelmsford/Westford area as a central point? What do you all think?

The first week of May is good for me (except Tues, the 3rd). I can't really think of anywhere in Chelmsford to meet that is right off 495 except Bertucci's. Does anyone have a better place in mind? I'm open to anywhere.

My best day(s) if we were to do the first week would be Thursday or Friday. Here are some suggestions:
    In Chelmsford - Barnsides, in Westford, Chilli's, or Bamboo (Chinese and Japanese), in Lowell (near the cinema)the Outback, in Tewksbury Kyoto (Japanese), Capelinis (Italian), The Cracker Barrell (a little bit of everything), In Billerica Livingstones.

Hi, I can't make it on Thurs. 5/5 or Friday 5/6. My schedule is pretty open except for those days, though. Any of the suggested restaurants would be fine with me. I love Bamboo, but am happy to go anywhere!

How would Monday work for everyone?

Monday 5/2 is fine with me. Where would you like to meet?

Monday, May 2nd is good for me too. Not sure if everyone works but I wouldn't be able to be anywhere before 6. Are we planning on having dinner or just drinks and apps? Haven't seen a response from CLrocks yet. Is it just the three of us?

Unfortunately, I work until 7 on Mondays in Cambridge so the 2nd won't work for me. I'm fine with you all meeting and giving me an update on what you all decide. What do you think?

The commitment I had on Tues, the 3rd was cancelled so Tuesday the 3rd is open for me. I'm actually open the whole week now.

Tuesday works fine for me as well. If that is ok with everyone else, we just need to settle on a time and location.

Tuesday 5/3 works great for me. I'm free anytime after 4:00. I'd be open to any place except Cracker Barrel.

Tuesday works for me too.

SO ... who wants to pick the place? I'm fine with anything, but would prefer not to go to Outback.

Tuesday is the day then. How about between 6 and 6:30? The midpoint for all is Chelmsford but not many restaurants there. There is the Garlic Bistro at Drum Hill rotary in Chelmsford. It's right off Rt. 3. Any other suggestions? I do like Bamboo also.

Tuesday between 6 & 6:30 works great for me too. My vote is for Bamboo; it's fantastic!

I vote for Bamboo too, but I can't get there before 6:30 - 6:45.

Are we planning to meet for dinner or drinks & apps?

6:30 - 6:45 works great for me also. Bamboo is fine. Seems to work for everyone.

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.

Great -- why don't we plan to meet in the bar? It's small enough that we should be able to find each other easily, and better than hanging around in the entryway.

Also, what are your names? I'm Kristen.