Community Message Boards

Poll: What is your primary news source?

Thread: What is your primary news source?

Hybrid View

What is your primary news source?

Just curious... where do you get your information? I know most people have more than one source, but what do you rely on the most?
    ~ I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure ~ Boscoe Pertwee

I rely on multiple sources, depending on the time of day.
    Driving to and from work, it's sometimes the car radio.
    At home, TV news and newspaper.
    ~Snickers~

We get a lot of our news from Public Radio....enjoy getting just the news, right to the point. We usually have CNN on and C-Span. We usually watch the local news and also go to Fox, CNBC. We watch network news very seldom.

It's kind of a tie between the Today "top of the hour" Ann Curry synopses, and USA Today on the web.

I used to be much better informed: NPR, the newspaper, etc., but it's just not a priority for me at the moment. If you had told my younger self this (glued to Watergate hearings, etc.), I wouldn't have believed my future behavior!

NPR National Public Radio, almost exclusively

I voted O.o. I've been getting most of my news from the internet, my favorite site is CNN. We just subscribed to get the Chicago Tribune at home, so we'll have more in depth news with a newpaper.
    If loving me is wrong, you don't want to be right.

Don't touch the hair!
    JB

Multiple sources here- I read the local paper on a daily basis, receive Newsweek, and generally check CNN.com once or twice a day. If I'm in the car at the right time of day, I listen to NPR.

I check the The Drudge Report several times a day.
    On the telly I watch Fox News.
    I read the area newspaper daily and the local rag twice a week.
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

Shucks, I knew I forgot something. Should have put in a radio/NPR choice. Sorry. I can't seem to edit it.
    ~ I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure ~ Boscoe Pertwee

Mostly NPR and online newspaper

I voted O.o.
    I'm an NPR junkie and am so grateful for their intelligent, in-depth and relevant news coverage with no Scott Peterson, Chandra Levy, or Runaway Bride senstionalism (I find THAT on the BB, lol). Plus, all the BBC World Service coverage is invaluable to me - it's great to get true global news. Still I read the San Francisco Chronicle for local information and politics; I'm disgusted that so many people are eager to move here yet don't care to know a THING about the place :mad: .

Originally posted by Canice
    I'm an NPR junkie and am so grateful for their intelligent, in-depth and relevant news coverage with no Scott Peterson, Chandra Levy, or Runaway Bride senstionalism (I find THAT on the BB, lol).
    Exactly. They report on it and move on.

I read our local paper online, but it makes me crazy with the spelling and grammatical errors......

I also check out CNN online periodically throughout the day.

I have an incredible distaste for local news. And now, of course, we get 2-3 hours at night. Remember when it was 6:00 - 6:30 pm every night, and that's it??

Internet and second-hand sources. Actually, more like the other way round; second-hand "did you hears" followed by me looking it up Netwards.

Mostly, though, "rock". News is overrated. Every time I do pursue an issue, it gets me all riled up. Idiots -- why are there so many idiots in the world? And how did so many of them end up in positions of power and influence? Granted, one doesn't get the whole story in most news. Maybe it's the fragments of story that leave the impression that even simple common sense is in woefully short supply.
    fresh hot random! mad endeavour on vox
    Ask Palpatine: "Just because I'm the Dark Lord of the Sith doesn't mean you can't get to know me."

I read Yahoo news first then the Columbus Dispatch on line. I get our little local paper which I read in the evenings.

This works well for me. Yahoo reports globally, the Dispatch has some of what's going on in the world plus regional and my little paper keeps me up with the stuff in my county.
    You can't drink rum on the beach all day if you don't start in the morning.

Originally posted by dreamer
    (glued to Watergate hearings, etc.)
    Hey, that was me the summer I was 13!

I said newspaper, but my secondary sources are NPR and the Internet. I prefer the newspaper because there is so much information there that I can choose which news items are of interest to me. TV and radio news reports can only present a limited amount of stories and they are not necessarily the ones that I want to know about.
    Positive emotion trumps negative emotion every time. - Inception

I usually look on on-line versions of my local papers, and I have gotten those updates on the finger lady on yahoo.

I do watch the news once in awhile too, but find them to be too dramatic, especially when it rains. A few droplets is called a "storm watch".
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

It's a tie between NPR and internet new sites (I read Salon & NYT daily).
    Another food blog! http://raisincakes.blogspot.com/