Community Message Boards

Thread: Amazing Race - 5/3 - spoilers

Amazing Race - 5/3 - spoilers

Does anyone else think Meredith looks like Homer Simpson (at least in profile?) He was so gracious last night. I cannot imagine anyone living all those years with Gretchen's screechy voice. I wondered why they chose the heavy lifting boat task over the riddle task.

And prize #4 for Rob and Amber. After Joyce shaved her head and got nothing the week before. The previews are really misleading each week aren't they? Last week the previews showed Rob talking about the huge chance they were taking and you thought just maybe this would be their week to go but of course everything worked out really well for them.

I think I would have died doing the bus driving thing. That had to be the most frustrating task ever.

I'm looking forward to next week! It's a 2-hour show - does it start at 8 or 9?

Loren
    The term "working mother" is redundant.

Oooh, good question about the start time for next week.

I think I would have chosen the boat task if I was in M&G's place too- at that point they knew R&A and R&K were ahead, so keeping U&J in their sights was less risky than taking on the other task and having no idea where they stood in relation to U&J. Plus Gretchen whined something about them being awful at navigating subways.

It was really a bad oversight for U&J and M&G to not look for connecting flights to London- that really cost them.

I've thought all along that Rob and Amber wouldn't win, but now I think they just might. I'd be THRILLED if Uchenna and Joyce won, amused if Rob and Amber did, and bitter if Ron and Kelly did (well, I'd only be bitter about the Kelly part).

I couldn't believe Kelly asked to use the airline ticket agent's lipstick! I hope Ron dumps her on national TV next week. Ugh.

Ron and Kelly can't possibly still be together. I think they've lost all respect for each other, but have to keep going. I think I'd be less bitter about Kelly getting half the money than I was about Flo getting half.

As for a start time, it starts at 9.

Go Uchenna and Joyce!!
    Lacey: So now that Superman is done at the Iron Fortress, is he going to spin his web of justice and return to the Batcave?
    Brent: You don't read many comic books, do you?
    -Corner Gas

I'm sure I'm in the minority here- but go Rob and Amber!

I am soooo glad G&M have been eliminated. No more listening to Gretchen whine about how they always get the bad tasks.

If R&K win- I'll be annoyed. I like Uchenna and Joyce though, and I would be thrilled for them if they won. But with everyone gunning to beat R&A I am rooting them on.
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

Originally posted by gertdog
    I couldn't believe Kelly asked to use the airline ticket agent's lipstick! I hope Ron dumps her on national TV next week. Ugh.
    OMG! I COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT SHE DID THAT! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

I am really pulling for Uchenna and Joyce, but I have a feeling that unless something really screwy happens, Rob and Amber will win.

I'm rather annoyed that the two hour show starts at 9. I fell asleep half way through last nights show and woke up in time to see Meredith and Gretchen lose. Right away I was yelling at DH, who got in first?

ROn and Kelly annoy me, she's so condenscending and actually he is, too. They have no respect for each other and I really think that'll keep them from winning, or so I hope!

The lipstick thing was disgusting. I loved when Ron said now she wouldn't be able to wear makeup. Could you imagine doing this race and worrying about your makeup?
    "...having dogs forces us to keep living in places that are right for us. And I think of all the things I might have given up had my dogs not shown me what was important in my life: fresh air, a garden, an eleven-thousand foot mountain in my backyard." - Pam Houston "The Bad Dogs of Park City"

www.peaceiswise.blogspot.com

It was really a bad oversight for U&J and M&G to not look for connecting flights to London- that really cost them.
    On the CBS Early Show this morning, it sounded as though U&J and M&G were aware of the connecting flights but thought the direct flight was a safer bet, especially since the other flight was officially "sold out." They were concerned about running from one flight to another and making the connection, too (I guess it was a very short connection).

I couldn't believe Kelly asked to use the airline ticket agent's lipstick!
    I was stunned by that. I also was stunned that the ticket agent gave it to her. Frankly, I wouldn't ask to use even a friend's lipstick, let alone a complete stranger. It's a bit surprising that Kelly actually won Miss South Carolina. She must have had a good talent.

Originally posted by Beth H

It's a bit surprising that Kelly actually won Miss South Carolina. She must have had a good talent.
    LOL Guess they don't teach Cosmetics 101 and Basic Personal Hygiene in Beauty Queen School.

Originally posted by gertdog
    I don't even let DD use my chapstick!!!!! I had forgotten about that when I posted earlier but meant to mention it. I also thought it was funny that Ron said that she couldn't wear makeup. I can't even imagine putting my contacts in during this race never mind makeup!

Loren

I agree with y'all about the lipstick thing. That was disgusting. And I don't mean to sound catty, but I just don't see Kelly as winning beauty contests....not just because she's average looking, but because those contests put a lot of emphasis on personality and intelligence too! I'm still mad at her for the POW remark and he should have said something about how he was in the military because he believed in having a safe country for people like HER!! Geez, sorry about the vent.

I think R & A play a good game. If they win, it will be because they get along as a team and know how to play the game, and I can't hold that against them. But I would LOVE LOVE to see U & J win. They are such a nice couple.

What I don't understand is: Why bother stripping a team of their money, clothes, etc.? It doesn't seem to make an iota of difference in the long run.
    Susan
    ________
    Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good. (Joe Paterno)

Originally posted by Slflyt
    Why bother stripping a team of their money, clothes, etc.? It doesn't seem to make an iota of difference in the long run.
    On top of that, I was thinking that it might even be easier to race without those heavy backpacks. If all you had was your passport and money in your pocket, it would be easier to run faster and get things done. Even getting in and out of taxis would be faster.

Loren

Even though I can't stand Rob and Amber, I think they made a mistake by Yielding Ron & Kelly instead of Uchenna & Joyce. They knew U & J, as well as Meredith & Gretchen were 2 hours behind them because of the later flight. If they would have yielded U & J then they may have been eliminated and that would have left R & A competing against Ron & Kelly and M & G. I think they would have had a better chance against those 2 instead of the 2 they are left with.
    Lori

Originally posted by Loremma
    Even though I can't stand Rob and Amber, I think they made a mistake by Yielding Ron & Kelly instead of Uchenna & Joyce. They knew U & J, as well as Meredith & Gretchen were 2 hours behind them because of the later flight. If they would have yielded U & J then they may have been eliminated and that would have left R & A competing against Ron & Kelly and M & G. I think they would have had a better chance against those 2 instead of the 2 they are left with.
    This is exactly what DH was saying last night. Even more surprising was that Amber had suggested yielding U&J but just didn't stick up for her idea so of course, they do it Rob's way. This is one mistake that could cost them the win.

I agree Rob and Amber made a mistake in yielding to Ron and Kelly. Amber did suggest Uchenna and Joyce, but....

I'm pulling for U & J but I really think that Rob and Amber are going to pull it off. I've said it before, I'm actually sort of pulling for them. I'm not wild about either one of them, but they've played the game and played it well. They've proven they're the team to beat.

And I still miss Lynn and Alex!
    ~ "The right shoe can change your life...."- Cinderella ~

Even though I don't like Rob, I also must agree that R&A have played a good game and they do treat each other well. Rob's ability to get local's to help them (on the road and also with the travel professionals) has really boosted them to the top on many legs. My only question is how much of it is his "charisma" and how much is it because they are more or less international celebrities? I don't feel that it's a level playing field because I think they are getting help to a certain degree because they are recognizable. If that's not the case, they do deserve to win because why oh why do the other teams not follow that lead and employ the locals to help more.

The lipstick thing was the only time DH ever had a reaction from this show (he hates reality TV). We couldn't beleive it!

The other thing I thought was interesting was how 3 of the couples commented how beautiful/moving the Whirling Dervishes were but R&A said something about how it was freaky looking and they looked dead or something like that!

I am also routing for U&J.
    Sarah

The other thing I thought was interesting was how 3 of the couples commented how beautiful/moving the Whirling Dervishes were but R&A said something about how it was freaky looking and they looked dead or something like that!
    Or as Rob called them - the "Devishes."

I

Or as Rob called them - the "Devishes."

I
    That's his Bahston accent - but believe me, we don't all sound as awful he does!! I think he sounds just this side of illiterate.

Loren

That's his Bahston accent - but believe me, we don't all sound as awful he does!!
    Hmm. . I actually thought that neither he nor Amber had ever seen the word before, and that's why he mangled so badly (and several different ways). It was funny when the editors cut to the cab driver with his eyebrow raised.

Hmm. . I actually thought that neither he nor Amber had ever seen the word before, and that's why he mangled so badly (and several different ways). It was funny when the editors cut to the cab driver with his eyebrow raised.
    I thought the cab driver raise his eyebrow when Amber and Rob were wondering what Whirling Dervishes were and Rob said that he hoped they were topless women!!

Originally posted by stacy7272

I thought the cab driver raise his eyebrow when Amber and Rob were wondering what Whirling Dervishes were and Rob said that he hoped they were topless women!!
    I completely missed that comment!

Loren

I heard it!