Community Message Boards

Thread: Julia1Pin - Happy Wedding Day!

Hybrid View

Post Julia1Pin - Happy Wedding Day!

Hi Julia - Just wanted to send you best wishes for a happy wedding day on Saturday . Hope your day is wonderful!

I'm also sending happy thoughts your way! My wedding day in 1999 was a fiasco. Woke up with my first (and so far only) migraine headache, my 'monthly bill' arrived at 6am two weeks early, my future MIL told the reception caterers to be there at the wrong time, so by the time we got there the food was dried out, and I was strung out on Tylenol and Darvocet the entire day trying to get rid of the headache, and don't remember much of my reception...but it was the happiest day of my life!

Moral to the story? Even if things don't go perfectly as planned, you'll always remember it as YOUR happiest day. Prayers to you!

in case it makes you feel any better, our day was absolutely perfect - things could not have gone better

good luck!

Best wishes Julia! We are having beautiful weather and I'm sure that it will hold on!

Ours was supposed to be indoors at a country club, but when the sun came out, we took it outside and had the most spectacular view and day!! Wishing you sunshine and happiness on your special day!

Thanks for all your warm wishes.

As has been said before, I really do think of all of you as my friends and family.

I'll think of you all on my wedding day (which means I can't check the BB )

I'm taking the attitude, whatever will be, will be. I'm going to try my hardest to say "screw it all", I'm going to enjoy myself.

-Julia

Talking

Julia,

You will have an absolutely wonderful day and everything will be great. Lots of deep breaths, laughter, and remembering the joy that you will spend the rest of your life with this amazing man will get you through any little mishaps.

Don't mean to get mushy, but marriage is such an incredible thing. I am happier now than I was when we married 9 years ago and I was pretty ecstatic then I have done many things in my life for which I am proud, but it is my marriage, my friendship with my husband, that is my greatest source of joy and pride. I can't imagine my life without him or with anyone else.

I wish you a joyous celebration, peace of mind, a sense of humor, and a good night's sleep on Friday! God bless, Julie

Wink

Julia, I hope that your wedding will be perfect. When we got married, 57 years ago this July, it was hot as h..l and it was a noon wedding, no air conditioning!
    We got to Atlantic City very late that nite, and they couldn't find the room reservation!
    Hope that everything will go perfectly for you and most of all, I hope that your marriage will last as long as ours. Things get better and better, we laugh a lot and he evens is vacuuming for me!

Good luck to you! When things settle down, please let us know how it went. I'm getting married in September & I love to hear about the experiences of others. KValley--I loved your post--mushy or not.

KValley- that's beautiful. I know exactly how you feel, though I've only been married for a year and a half- each day gets better and everyday the love just grows.

Good luck, Julia! That's exactly the rigth attitude to have! Nothing can ruin YOUR day, remember that. And if anything isn't perfect, nobody is going to know anyway- so relax and enjoy. Our wedding day was the most beautiful, happy day of my life. I hope yours is the same!

KValley -
    During my sisters 10th wedding anniversary, my BIL told me that he's happier and more in love with my sister now, than the day he married her. That kind of love, the same as what you're describing, is what I yearned for, and am sure I will have. WE have been together for over 3 years, living together for over 2, and I love him more everyday.

To everyone-

I'll post pictures when I get them, and let you all know how the wedding went, if I remember any of it

Best wishes, Julia! I'm sure it will be a wonderful day.

Julia,

Congrats. I sure you will have a wonderful day!!

I do have to tell one funny story about my wedding day. My husband pulled a muscle in his back lifting weights the Thursday night before we got married on Sat afternoon. He is not much of a complainer, but his back hurt so much we ended up at the emergency room. Fortunately, it was only a pulled muscle. We had a small wedding, but it was in a church. On Friday, I thought we might have to wheel him into the church on one of those dollies they use at grocery stores. However, by Sat, his back was much better, but he did have a really hard time getting in and out of a car. Anyway, after the wedding, we were going to ride together to the reception in his car. I just told him to go get the car, and I would meet him out in front of the church so he would not have to get out of the car again to come in and get me. Later, I thought -- what a strange sight: A woman in a full length, white wedding dress (no train, but with my bouquet, I think) just standing out on the curb in front a church holding a black purse and a Dillards shopping bag (which contained the clothes that I wore to the church). A car drives up, the bride runs around to the passenger side, throws the bag and the purse in the back seat and jumps in the car. I am sure anyone watching thought - Man, did she marry a jerk!! The guy must have said, "Hey, I'll pick you up out front," and then didn't even bother to get out of the car to open the door for his new wife!!

All the best to you and the groom. May you celebrate many wonderful years together.

There was one tip that was offered to me by MANY people that I completely ignored for my wedding day, thinking arrogantly that I knew better. Everyone said I would be too busy and forget to eat that day, because I would be rushing around trying to do things last minute. Me, forget to eat?? That's like emilycat forgetting to run! Anyway, they were SO right. I had a hair appointment that morning, BIL's flight was way delayed, so I spent hours at the airport waiting for him to get in, was in a rush to pick up the cakes, etc., etc., etc. I was even late for our pictures. By the time I was dressed and waiting for all the guests to finish arriving so that the ceremony could start, I found myself holed up, hiding out in our cabin absolutely STARVING to death! And of course, there was not a morsel of food in sight. I ended up scrounging through DH's golf bag (he was off golfing that morning while I was madly rushing around making sure things would be perfect!) and found a half-eaten Snickers bar that was mostly melted. I scarfed it down in about a minute, checked my teeth for peanuts and chocolate, and was off down the aisle!

Moral: keep some peanuts or a cereal bar or something in your purse, just in case you find yourself needing some food. I was right about eating at the reception, though - people said I wouldn't, but I was apparently so hungry from not having eaten all day that I proved them wrong. At least on that point.

Best Wishes Julia.

I remember many details of my wedding day. It was a beautiful sunny day, all of the months of planning were over, everything was in place. My day was going perfectly.

What I didn't know was that DH was dealing with all of the problems. We were married on my in-laws ranch, and overnight the cows had knocked over all of the chairs for the ceremony! Needless to say, where there are cows there is cow ****. It was all put back and cleaned up before I got there (what a doll my hubby to be was for not telling me till later!)

The reception went off without a hitch. Great food, lots of dancing and laughter. The next morning when we woke up the first thing we both said was that was the most fun I've ever had!

I hope you will feel the same way. Congratulations!

Jodi Guest

Julia,

Best wishes for a beautiful wedding day! Mine was not quite 3 weeks ago, and I hope yours is as happy as mine was. Definitely eat something, though -- the day will be a whirlwind, and you'll need all the energy you can get!

Jodi

Julia--

Good luck! And enjoy your day and your honeymoon! I am getting married two weeks from this Saturday, so I can sympathize with all the excitement and nervousness! And I enjoyed all the stories from people here about their wedding days.
    Anyone have more??

Julia,

I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful. Enjoy every minute of it! I hear it flies by. Have a wonderful honeymoon too. May it be a magnificant start to an incredible life together!

Julia, Have a wonderful day! By the way, where are you going on your honeymoon?

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Julia--I'm sure the day will be wonderful. My wedding day was the most beautiful day of my life. I never thought my heart could be full of so much love. Enjoy and have a great honeymoon!

Smile

I have been married a blissful three months and 1 week!

I, too, have loved reading all the wedding stories. Let me throw in a suggestion about the hunger problem before the ceremony. My wedding was at 6pm and the wedding party had to show up early for the pictures. I knew everyone would probably be starving (including myself, I have NEVER forgotten to eat) so I made up two trays, one for the guys and one for us girls. They each had mini pretzels, grapes, cheese cubes, wheat thins, teddy grams, goldfish crackers, and very small cherry tomatoes. The idea was to have snacking type food that was not messy (nothing that would leave something on your fingers, and that you could eat in a bite) and would hold everyone over until the reception. It really worked out well. It especially helped out with the kids in the wedding.

Good Luck to Julie and pmmahan!!!

Talking

Hey Guys!

Well, I'm back at work. We're going on our honeymoon later (hopefully this month).

The wedding was amazing, if I do say so myself.

Aggie wrote>> Everyone said I would be too busy and forget to eat that day, because I would be rushing around trying to do things last minute. Me, forget to eat?? That's like emilycat forgetting to run! Anyway, they were SO right.

I couldn't believe it. On Saturday, right before the ceremony, I realized something: I hadn't really eaten since WEdnesday night ?!?!?!?!? Me - not eat? What do you mean? Even at the rehersal dinner, I hardly ate anything! So, the cantor (like a rabbi) was nice enough to get me a couple of pieces of sushi (we had a sushi and seafood table before the ceremony for the guests). That was the best sushi I had EVER tasted. Over the course of the evening, I barely ate anything else, and since I hadn't had any water either, I hardly drank any alcohol (only little sips of champagne for the toasts).

On Sunday, all the food was brought back to our house, and we had out of town guests over for brunch. I finally tried the food. It was fabulous. The caterers did a great job. We had so much food left over, it was amazing. As background, at russian wedding, there are "tapas" before the entrees. There are tons of salads, cold cuts, fish plates, duck, potatoes, etc.... So there is always tons of food left over.

The one "interesting thing" that happen, was that my HUSBAND (hehe) sprained his ankle on Friday night playing basketball in our backyard, and was barely able to step on it Saturday morning. So he taped it up really well (he played basketball for years, so he knows how to deal with breaks and sprains) and hobbled through pictures, the cremony and the reception like a trooper. One of the traditions is for the bride and groom to be hoisted up on chairs, and the guys kinda dropped Vitaly (my DH). It weould have been ok if he could have put weight on his left foot, but since he couldn't he kinda fell. Oops! He handles himself like a pro though. Hardly complained at all. It could have also had to do with all the vodka he consumed, but that's ok

All in all, I had a great time, and I will post pictures as soon as my friends with camaras forward them on to me.

Thanks for all your warm wishes