Community Message Boards

Thread: Can I freeze Cream Cheese?

Hybrid View

Post Can I freeze Cream Cheese?

I don't eat Cream Cheese very often, but used it in a recipe tonight and would like to freeze the leftover portion of the block. Would that work?

Laughs,
    I'm not sure about this, but I've been wondering the same thing. I just put some in the freezer a few days ago b/c I made a filling for strawberries and had some leftover. I figured it was worth a shot. Worse comes to worse, I'll throw it away if it doesn't work

I dont know either, but Ive had luck freezing cheesecake, so maybe......

I seem to remember that we kept it in the freezer when I worked at a kids camp.

Jas

I think it would be okay as I have frozen a number of things that have had creamed cheese in it.

Unhappy

Actually no, it's not good to freeze cream cheese. Sure, you can FREEZE it, but when it thaws it tends to separate and be quite nasty.

I too freeze things with it in, and I don't have as much problems, I think the other ingredients must hold it in check.

A baked cheesecake freezes BEAUTIFULLY, and I often freeze them for the holidays to free up my oven and fridge.

Tami

Every now and then my favorite supermarket has cream cheese on super-sale and I stock up. I have been freezing it for years and find it works fine in baked dishes but will no longer be good for spreading.

I too have frozen cream cheese, but it's only good for baked dishes afterwards.