Community Message Boards

Thread: Sandra Lee's Halloween Show?

Hybrid View

Sandra Lee's Halloween Show?

Did anyone here watch the Sandra Lee Halloween Show that was on Food Network on Sunday night?

It was unbelievable!! Let me just say, the highlight for me was when, towards the end she advises buying a pre-made pumpkin pie and a pre-made cheesecake. She then scoops out the filling of both and spoons them into zip lock bags. Then she pipes the filling into another type of shell for eating. And goes on and on about how yummy they are. GROSS!!!!

The pizza with caviar cream came in a close second for me too.

Poor Tyler Florence, wonder what he did to deserve having to be on that show.....

I will not even go into what I thought of her costumes....

Yeah, this was like a train wreck for me. I just could not tear my eyes away. DBF was goggling at the princess costume (VERY decolletage) and finally asked if she was intentionally leaning forward at the waist all the time, presenting her cleavage to the camera.

The candy apples rolled in candy corn was pretty gross too. What IS it with her? It's like her taste buds are only tuned to sugar---can't even remember which recipe it was that started with caramel sauce, to which she added a FULL CUP of brown sugar. Gee, cuz caramel sauce just isn't sweet enough?

Darn! I missed this one, I actually tried to remember to watch it because I was interested in seeing her ideas. I can just imagine, pumpkin pie scooped up.... I don't know but lately on the reviews for the recipes they are really just bashing her, there are no more actuall reviews anymore just rude comments. I am no where near a fan of hers and I too do not understand what is it exactly about her. I did hear tyler was on the show which surprised me. There was a restaurant makeover on last night that had my jaw drop on how the owner was complete a moron and unappreciative.I am however, looking forward to Behind the Bash tonite!!! Woo-hoo!
    I love cooking with wine sometimes I even put it in the food.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh37
    -can't even remember which recipe it was that started with caramel sauce, to which she added a FULL CUP of brown sugar. Gee, cuz caramel sauce just isn't sweet enough?

Now, don't knock it! That was a family recipe passed down by her Auntie Paula D.
    Jodi

Yeah, the show was positively awful! I was mortified when she chirped that she was from Wisconsin - we don't want to claim her!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh37
    Yeah, this was like a train wreck for me. I just could not tear my eyes away. DBF was goggling at the princess costume (VERY decolletage) and finally asked if she was intentionally leaning forward at the waist all the time, presenting her cleavage to the camera.
    We didn't see the whole show but my husband made the same comment abougt her bending back and forth to show cleavage!

I watched about the first 15 minutes or so and could not stomach any more. Pretty sad.

Denise
    "If you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, you're lucky enough."

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty100
    Poor Tyler Florence, wonder what he did to deserve having to be on that show.....
    I thought the same thing!!!

My only thought was that the Food Network execs. made him do it. Emeril had a Halloween special that night too, and I know that some of the other network chefs were on it.

Okay shame on me for posting this but I just wanted you to read one of her reviews, I'm almost fell off my chair because this was too funny!

My Recipe For You, Sandra!
    10/25/2005 at 09:01pm
    User: Bobette from Fox Lake, IL User Rating:
    Sandra, on one of your shows you asked for our recipes for things. I am not creative but I do make one thing that my kids love. First I take 2 pieces of white bread. Then I put some peanut butter on one slice. Sometimes I use the "chunky style". Then I put some grap jelly on the other slice. Then I put the two pieces of bread together with the peanut butter side facing the jelly side (that way it's not so messy). And then I cut the crusts off. Next I cut the bread into some interesting shapes, like triangles or rectangles. I call it "Mom's Secret Stuffed Bread". I gave it 5 stars here and I know you will too. I hope you will make it on your show (which I love). Sincerely, Bobette Randolph.
    I love cooking with wine sometimes I even put it in the food.

She looked like a Barbie Doll on crack! I just don't understand how this babe got a "cooking" show of her own. This is low-down and snarky, but I swear she has a "special" relationship with one of the producers . No talent, clearly does not actually eat any food at all, and seems as dumb as a stump.

Sorry. She makes me crazy!
    No matter how you slice the baloney, there are always two sides!

What about the poor pumpkin carving guy that she kept hugging and kissing on the cheek? He was visibly cringing, you could actually hear the little voices in his head screaming "eeeee!! get away! get away from me!"

And poor Tyler Florence...Sandra was hitting on him hard-core. Talk about nauseating, that gave some serious competition to her "cooking."

And Tyler...mixing pizza dough with his hands...that were painted GREEN!!!

Did anyone notice that she yanked a spoon out of "boiling hot" candy (when she was making the lollypops) and put her hand under the spoon on its way over to the tray? You'll be getting 3rd degree burns if that drips Sandy, but at least we won't mess up the counter!

So many upsetting things to talk about...so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by donnamp14
    She looked like a Barbie Doll on crack!
    LOL, did you ever see the episode where she's in leather and has her hair gelled back?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by donnamp14
    She looked like a Barbie Doll on crack! I just don't understand how this babe got a "cooking" show of her own. This is low-down and snarky, but I swear she has a "special" relationship with one of the producers . No talent, clearly does not actually eat any food at all, and seems as dumb as a stump.

Sorry. She makes me crazy!
    Believe me you are not alone!!! Doesn't say much for the Food Network does it that they keep her and let Sara go.

Also to add that if you watch, she will take a bite of food and say how good it is and then they break for commercial. DH is always saying she is running now to spit it up!

I never watch her but the whole episode sounds like a nightmare to me. Poor Tyler, this must have been hell on earth for him.

On the bright side, you all are cracking me up with your commentary.
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

Quote Originally Posted by landk
    Also to add that if you watch, she will take a bite of food and say how good it is and then they break for commercial. DH is always saying she is running now to spit it up!
    Oh, great. You just made me laugh out loud and almost choke on the coffee I was drinking. What a hoot! My co-workers think I am actually working in this cube! Then I make snorting sounds and have to collect myself.

Bob, if I did ever see her with a leather jacket and slicked back hair, I'd have to head directly to the emergency room, because I'm afraid I'd just drop dead, laughing to death!

As I said in an earlier thread, you folks make my day!
    No matter how you slice the baloney, there are always two sides!

Quote Originally Posted by landk
    Believe me you are not alone!!! Doesn't say much for the Food Network does it that they keep her and let Sara go.
    I agree.

I just checked Amazon's best seller list in the Cooking, Food and Wine section, and Sandra Lee has claimed spots #16 and #37. One of the books even has a rating of 5 stars! I guess someone likes her.
    Kristal

Saving just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

oh my! i noticed the same thing about the layered dip and making sure you could see all the layers then she plops it into a bucket and you can't see anything but the top! what?!?! and is that lady all about her cocktails or what...not that i am a prude when it comes to drinking but every time i watch she is so excited about her cocktail!
    SweetPea's Pods and Munchkin Caps! www.podsandcaps.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal
    I agree.

I just checked Amazon's best seller list in the Cooking, Food and Wine section, and Sandra Lee has claimed spots #16 and #37. One of the books even has a rating of 5 stars! I guess someone likes her.
    You have got to be kidding?????!!!!!

Take note of every person that she kisses she has to throw in a "puckering hummmmwaw sound." It made me sick. Especially with the pumpkin carving guy out in the pumpkin patch.

Just checked Food TV's guide to see what Alton's high jinks were tonite, and you kids better set those VCRs to catch Ms. Lee at 5 this afternoon for the 1 hour--count those dreadful minutes!--Halloween repeat. And as for those candy apples, it's wasn't the candy corn that got me, it was the hideous black licorace (sp?) chunks she rolled on!! Checkbook, thy name is dentist!!! Ouch! Ick! Both! And can't we all afford to take her recommendation to rent out a mansion like that for a lil Halloween bash!!! How the heck were they gonna get those candles outta that pool, anyhoo?
    I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred.....