Community Message Boards

Thread: New shoes with slippery insoles

New shoes with slippery insoles

I recently ordered a pair of Joseph Seibel clogs (style name Erin) and they arrived today. I put them on and they fit well and are very comfortable. The only problem is that the insole is very slippery so my stockinged foot slides around more than I'd like. I was thinking that there must be some sort of accessory I could use in the shoes to fix this - something like a half insert that is suede without any padding. I just need something to stop my foot from slipping or the shoes will have to go back.

Any suggestions?

I'd suggest you go to your local shoe-maker. I'm sure he has something to remedy your problem.
    Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.

I know they make something that you paste into the front of your shoe where the ball of your foot is that is supposed to stop it from sliding. Do you have any of those 'Good Feet' stores that sell orthotics? Or, sometimes a place like Dick's sporting goods will have them; I know they have insoles. Or, a store that sells running shoes might have something.
    When you come to a fork in the road, pick it up and start eating.

Dr. Scholl's makes a small cushioned blue gel pad that sticks to the front portion of the inside of the shoe. They are to cushion the ball of the foot when wearing high heels. I have used them for a pair of clogs that had the same slip as you're describing. Worked out well.
    "If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."

Hi Elaine!

I've used what Ginger describes, and they work really well.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPow
    Dr. Scholl's makes a small cushioned blue gel pad
    Are ya "jellin'"?
    Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.

Thank you for all your helpful suggestions. I really do like the shoes and I want to be able to wear them without worrying about walking right out of them - this is my first pair of backless clogs so I'm likely to do just that, probably when I'm late for a meeting and on the way down the stairs . I'll look for the inserts this weekend.

Elaine,
    A shoe store (ar shoe repair shop) should have a good selection of insoles, half-insoles, etc. for you to choose from.
    I've never been brave enough to wear clogs. I'm such a klutz I'd probably fall backward out of them... and I'm serious...
    Vicci

Can't you just eat what I put in front of you? Do you have to know what it is?
    Ria Parkinson, Butterflies (BBC, 1978-83)