I got this recipe from the Today show a couple years ago and decided to make it as my birthday dinner which happens to be on New Year's Eve! I think I'll be making it again this year for the 3rd year in a row...the flavor is just so yummy. I may add shrimp this year. I think I've put chicken in it before as that was good, but plain is great too.
Rainbow Ribbon Pasta
Daniel Boulud and daughter Alix, 14
Makes 4 servings
• 8 jumbo green asparagus, peeled and trimmed
• 4 California carrots, peeled and trimmed
• 1 small green zucchini, trimmed
• 1 small yellow zucchini, trimmed
• 1 bunch purple or green basil, leaves only
• 1 pound pappardelle pasta, fresh or dried
• 1 cup English peas, shelled
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1/2 pint (1 cup) yellow cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 pint (1 cup) red cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
Using a vegetable peeler, thinly shave the asparagus. Repeat with the carrots and zucchinis. Set aside.
Chop half of the basil leaves. Reserve the remaining whole basil leaves for garnish. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta, asparagus, carrots, zucchinis and peas and cook until the pasta is done. Drain the pasta and vegetables and set aside.
Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, tomatoes, and chopped basil and toss until warm. Add the cooked pasta and vegetables, season with salt and pepper and toss until warm. Turn the pasta into a large warm bowl, toss with the Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle the remaining whole basil leaves over.
Copyright Â© 2012
Time Inc. Lifestyle Group.
All Rights Reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our
Your California Privacy Rights).