Community Message Boards

Thread: Can Almond Roca Be Frozen?

Can Almond Roca Be Frozen?

I have about 1/2 batch of almond roca left and I don't think I can stand to eat anymore right now. I know in about a month I will be craving it again, so I was wondering if I can freeze it? Has anyone done this with success? How long will it last in the frig?

TIA
    "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!" Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyJ
    I have about 1/2 batch of almond roca left and I don't think I can stand to eat anymore right now. I know in about a month I will be craving it again, so I was wondering if I can freeze it? Has anyone done this with success? How long will it last in the frig?

TIA
    I froze the leftovers from mine last year - worked great.

edited to add that the chocolate will look ugly when you take it out of the freezer, but it still tastes great

the batch I made did not completely eaten for almost a year. I kept in a tin in the frig & it was just like freshly made.
    "If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown

and it's delicious crushed up and put in bryer's vanilla ice cream
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com

Thanks for the replies. Into the freezer it goes. I am swimming in Christmas sweets....just got 4 lbs of Godiva chocolate yesterday.
    "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!" Dave Barry

I do that with LOTS of Christmas sweets, and it works nicely to keep us from making ourselves sick (and not really enjoying them) which is what would happen if we kept them out and ate them all within a week or so. A box of chocolates in the middle of January is a wonderful thing!
    kathyb

Less rhetoric, more cowbell!

Re: "just got 4 lbs of Godiva chocolate yesterday"

Swooooon! You were on Santa's very "GOOD" list! I'm excited for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    Re: "just got 4 lbs of Godiva chocolate yesterday"

Swooooon! You were on Santa's very "GOOD" list! I'm excited for you!
    But after eating it all I will be on his naughty list!!!

"But after eating it all I will be on his naughty list!!!"

Think of it like this - "If you stand at the sink while eating, there are NO calories."