Community Message Boards

Thread: Using Sheer Cover..am I doing something wrong?

Hybrid View

Using Sheer Cover..am I doing something wrong?

I received my first (now second) shipment of Sheer Cover make-up. I like it more than my previous foundation, but I don't find that I'm "luminescent" like they are in the promos. I know they're just promos, but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Maybe not doing the right mix or not using enough powder. But the circles under my eyes are still there despite the concealer and I don't walk around with a glow.

I use Sheer Cover. I never saw any of the promos, so I guess I wasn't expecting *luminous* results. I find that it makes my skin look very smooth and makes my pores look small. It also takes all the redness out of my skin (I have rosacea). I've always had dark circles and I don't find that it covers them any better than any other makeup. I have used both Sheer Cover and Bare Escentuals and they both have the same coverage.
    Christine

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineVA
    I have used both Sheer Cover and Bare Escentuals and they both have the same coverage.
    Christine
    I saw Sheer Cover at Ulta over the holidays and was wondering about it. I think I saw something that said you put the concealer on with your fingertip. I have done that with the BE foundation over the Bisque or Well-Rested and found that it covers better.

BE talks about being "luminous" also, but I think the only way you will see andy "glow" is with the use of colors or the glimmery shades -- Clear Radiance and True come to mind. I don't know if Sheer Cover has those.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineVA
    I use Sheer Cover. I never saw any of the promos, so I guess I wasn't expecting *luminous* results. I find that it makes my skin look very smooth and makes my pores look small. It also takes all the redness out of my skin (I have rosacea). I've always had dark circles and I don't find that it covers them any better than any other makeup. I have used both Sheer Cover and Bare Escentuals and they both have the same coverage.
    Christine

Christine: I am going to p.m. you with a couple of questions.
    Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by mom2garret
    Christine: I am going to p.m. you with a couple of questions.
    Jodi
    Okay!!

Beth: Sheer Cover's concealer is like "regular" concealer. it is a cream and not a powder (like BE's is, I'm assuming). It is probably one of the best concealers that I have used (I used to use Estee Lauder, Clinique, and Lancome along with the drugstore brands). It spreads on real easy (creamy) with the fingertip or a brush.