Community Message Boards

Thread: just Curious...any Beth Moore Bible Study gals here..?

just Curious...any Beth Moore Bible Study gals here..?

I have done 4 Beth Moore studies and absolutly love her I went to see her speak in Dec. and shes a fabulous speaker...I would love to know if there are any here that have done her studies or heard her speak..?

I've done most of her studies and have been to see her speak twice. I love the challenge of her studies!
    Which one are you doing now?
    Kim
    "I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year: 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied: 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.' " --M. L. Haskins

I did the "A Woman's Heart--God's Dwelling place" It was a very intensive and interesting study. I so enjoyed the interaction between the women in the group who were doing the study.

I had the opportunity to see her, but wasn't able to go due to prior committment.
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

Quote Originally Posted by ISAIAH30_18
    I've done most of her studies and have been to see her speak twice. I love the challenge of her studies!
    Which one are you doing now?
    Kim
    I just love her we start "To live is Christ" on the 18th of this month I can't wait...we did "Living beyond yourself" in the fall and I did "Believing God" last summer unbelievable how life changing her studies are....

I did a Beth Moore bible study last summer, Living Beyond Yourself. I have to say that at first I was reluctant to do so, because I didn't want to become another BM "groupie" - so many of my friends gushed on and on about her. But after doing her study, I am officially a fan! It was a wonderful, eye-opening study, without a lot of "fluff". We're doing another BM study this summer and I'm really looking forward to it.
    Cindi in KC

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot (1927-1956)

I am starting one in a couple of weeks (although I don't remember which one off hand) and I'm excited. I've heard alot of good things about her.
    It's 5:00 Somewhere!!!!
    Well behaved women rarely make history!

What are they?
    -Rebecca

Endurance comes from exhaustion. Keep running!
    --DH, aka "Coach"

What are they?
    If you are talking about the good things that have been heard about
    Beth Moore?

The fact that she is an awesome speaker. She is very practical and down to earth and at the same time, goes deep into the study. She is truly a God inspired person and you can't walk away from one of her studies without feeling a positive change within yourself and your relationship with God.

She walks the walk and is able therefore, to talk the talk. A very gifted woman, in my opinion. I am sure others will be able to offer more insight.
    Joyce
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie
    If you are talking about the good things that have been heard about
    Beth Moore?

The fact that she is an awesome speaker. She is very practical and down to earth and at the same time, goes deep into the study. She is truly a God inspired person and you can't walk away from one of her studies without feeling a positive change within yourself and your relationship with God.

She walks the walk and is able therefore, to talk the talk. A very gifted woman, in my opinion. I am sure others will be able to offer more insight.
    Joyce
    Joyce - on an even more basic level, what are her bible study programs?
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

on an even more basic level, what are her Bible study programs
    Not sure what you are asking here...seems that your question is also your answer...but in case I am wrong....

She has many different Bible Study programs. You could google Beth Moore and find them, so I am not going to go into all of those.

They are basically done in small groups although you can do a study on your own. She takes a subject...for instance, A Woman's Heart.....God's dwelling Place (The title of the Study) and for this study she took on the Tabernacle.
    Not sure what you know about the intricate design of the Tabernacle, the different woods that were used, the gold, the gold layering...everything in the tabernacle...She explained each little detail, gave the explanation behind it, and then she applied it to our lives in a way that made sense. Can't remember exactly, now, but it was a 10 week or a 13 week study. We met in a home, there was scripture to read each week and a workbook to fill out and then we got together weekly to discuss what we had done and to watch a video of her teaching and to pray together. Each person brought needs to the small group prayer and we focused on those needs weekly and during the study.

As I stated, you can google her to see all of the studies that she has done...that are available...Is this what you were asking Bethany?
    Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by badunnin
    Joyce - on an even more basic level, what are her bible study programs?
    Her Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruits of the Spirit study is a 10-week study of the fruits of the spirit from Galatians 5:22-23:
    "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." (NIV)

For more info about her other studies, you can check out her website at Living Proof Ministries
    Cindi in KC

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot (1927-1956)

I'm a Beth Moore drop out, I started one of her studies, it was too much fluff for me. Maybe it was my class?? I just don't get her appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by KCSoccer
    Her Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruits of the Spirit study is a 10-week study of the fruits of the spirit from Galatians 5:22-23:
    "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." (NIV)

For more info about her other studies, you can check out her website at Living Proof Ministries
    Thanks Cindi. And these programs are specifically targeted at women?
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

I'm so drawn to her passion for the Lord ...she helps me to understand the Bible passages and apply them I love when she parallels old testament and new....for me personally they have been life changing studies...I respect that shes not for everyone but for me shes a gifted speaker and Bible leader

The one I started (and didn't like) was Living Free. I did BSF for one year (too structured for me). Now I'm trying Kay Arthur... Wonder where I'll be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieinMB
    The one I started (and didn't like) was Living Free. I did BSF for one year (too structured for me). Now I'm trying Kay Arthur... Wonder where I'll be next year?
    well the main thing is that your trying to find your place....Kay Arthur is wonderful too I enjoy her Bible studies alot but not everyone likes a precept type study I hope it works for you ...I enjoyed her study on "Spiritual warfare" I did it about 2 years ago and I will never forget it...Elizabeth George has some good studies as well if Kay Arthur's don't work for you keep on looking...

Just curious, are these individuals under discussion, Beth Moore, Elizabeth George, Kay Arthur ordained ministers of a particular faith or trained biblical scholars? What makes them especially qualified to teach seminars on Bible interpretation?
    Linda

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and I could say “I used everything you gave me.”

Erma Bombeck

I can't answer about the others because I haven't been to any studies written by them. But I did read this about Beth.
    About Beth Moore
    About Beth Moore

Beth Moore was born on an Army base in Green Bay, Wisconsin, during what her father describes as the worst thunderstorm the city had seen in five years. He affectionately says the Lord brought her into the world with a drum roll. The fourth child of a retired Army major and a homemaker, Beth was raised in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. Her father managed the local cinema where each of her four siblings had a role to play. Beths job was to hand out samples of popcorn and soda. Growing up in the theater had its perks. Sometimes Beth would be allowed to slip into a movie and take with her a pickle bag full of popcorn and a Dixie cup of Coke.

There in a theater chair, wide-eyed and filled to the brim with Coca-Cola, Beth began a lifelong love for stories. She loved to tell them, write them, and be told them. The story that captured her heart and consumed her life, however, was not told in a movie theater. It was the story told in Sunday School of Jesus, a Savior who loved children and who thought she was special. A seed was planted in her young heart that would grow to mark her life with a passionate love for Christ.

At the age of 18, Beth sensed God calling her to work for Him. Although she couldnt imagine what that would mean, she made it her goal to say yes to whatever He asked. Beth graduated from Southwest Texas State University with a degree in political science. She would later receive an honorary doctorate in humanities from Howard Payne University. She married Keith in 1978 and soon after the Lord added Amanda and Melissa to the family. As a young wife and mother, Beth served the Lord by speaking at luncheons and retreats, working at Mothers Day Out, and teaching Christian aerobics.

A love for the Word of God was embedded in Beths life when she took a Bible doctrine class at her church. Her teacher was Buddy Walters, a former college football player who taught the Scriptures with tears streaming down his cheeks. She fervently prayed for such a passion for Gods Word. It was Buddy who first taught Beth, along with Keith, how to study the Bible.

Beth founded Living Proof Ministries in 1994 with the purpose of teaching women how to love and live on Gods Word. She has written numerous books and Bible studies, including Breaking Free, Believing God, and When Godly People Do Ungodly Things, that have been read by women of all ages, races, and denominations. Through the years, American missionaries and expatriates have taken the Bible studies overseas, resulting in Beth Moore Bible study groups popping up all over the world. Beths Living Proof Live conferences have taken her to thirty-nine states since 1994 and have been attended by more than 421,000 women. God has graciously given her the opportunity to speak to the body of Christ in many different countries, including Ireland, England, Singapore, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, and India. With great joy, she began a radio ministry in 2004 called Living Proof with Beth Moore.

Ever the storyteller, Beth is known to pepper her teaching with stories and poems written from the perspective of pertinent characters. She communicates with great energy, passion, humor, warmth, and grace.

Beth remains very dedicated to her home fellowship, Houstons First Baptist Church, where she teaches a 700-member Sunday School class. There she hosts an interdenominational Tuesday-night Bible study for women in her city. Because of her burden for unity in the body of Christ, Beth counts serving women of all denominations as one of her greatest privileges in life.

Keith and Beth have been married over twenty-six years. They enjoy traveling, sipping coffee on the back porch, eating Mexican food together, and making each other laugh. The Moores live in Houston, Texas, with their two dogs, Beanie and Sunny.

Umm, Christian aerobics? Can someone help me out here?

Basically, aerobics, usually done in a church setting, (Fellowship Hall or Gym)with upbeat Christian music by Christian Artists.

There are some Christian music "Curves" CDs. I always feel kind of funny working out to church music, but it's pretty popular in my area.
    Margaret

Thank you Joyce, that was interesting. It doesn't appear she has formal theological training so that begs the question: Aside from having what I assume is a certain amount of personal charisma and the ability to speak effectively before an audience why is she more qualified to interpret the Bible than you or I? Bob tells me I really need to label questions of this nature as 'rhetorical' when I ask them so don't feel compelled to answer.

As for Christian aerobics, hey if it's got a beat and you can dance to it, why not?
    Linda

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and I could say “I used everything you gave me.”

Erma Bombeck

Quote Originally Posted by badunnin
    And these programs are specifically targeted at women?
    Yes, they are.
    Cindi in KC

Quote Originally Posted by HejazSunKat
    Thank you Joyce, that was interesting. It doesn't appear she has formal theological training so that begs the question: Aside from having what I assume is a certain amount of personal charisma and the ability to speak effectively before an audience why is she more qualified to interpret the Bible than you or I? Bob tells me I really need to label questions of this nature as 'rhetorical' when I ask them so don't feel compelled to answer.

As for Christian aerobics, hey if it's got a beat and you can dance to it, why not?
    she is a gifted speaker and I feel the Lord is using her to reach many lives...to answer your question I am not a speaker the Lord has'nt called me to be one but I sure admire someone like her who struggles everytime she gets up in front of an audience, but she trusts God and he uses her so well....if you would like to hear her or are curious visit her website it's really put together good..www.living proof.org....