Community Message Boards

Thread: Freezing Fondue?? CL's Frangelico Fondue?

Freezing Fondue?? CL's Frangelico Fondue?

I am not very patient when it comes to doing searches so I apologize if this is a repeat question....Has anyone made CL's Chocolate-Frangelico Fondue? I am hosting my bunco group next week and thought I would give it a whirl. I am also curious about freezing the fondue?? It would make my life easier to make some things ahead of time and freeze them. I don't want to ruin the yumminess of it though!!

I have made it many times, as have many others on this board. It's gotten lots and lots of great reviews. I highly recommend it.

As for freezing it, if I recall correctly, Alysha (lindrusso) has done it and had success with it. But I think you can keep it in the refrigerator for awhile without any trouble at all (I've done that with leftovers), and it's not a lot different than any chocolate sauce that you'd use say for ice cream and they always have a long shelf life.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace
    I have made it many times, as have many others on this board. It's gotten lots and lots of great reviews. I highly recommend it.

As for freezing it, if I recall correctly, Alysha (lindrusso) has done it and had success with it. But I think you can keep it in the refrigerator for awhile without any trouble at all (I've done that with leftovers), and it's not a lot different than any chocolate sauce that you'd use say for ice cream and they always have a long shelf life.
    Thanks so much!! I read that some have deleted the water making it thicker so I think that I will try that. Sounds also like the refrigerator will do fine until Wednesday!! Thanks for your help!!

Yes, I have frozen it successfully. The boys have been bugging me to make chocolate fondue lately, so we may have to do that soon. We've done meat fondue and cheese fondue recently, so I guess we're due.....