Community Message Boards

Thread: Whole Grains

Whole Grains

After a recent post about black barley - I thought it would be fun to incorporate as many whole grains in next months meal plan as possible. I remember an article in Cooking Light about different kinds of grains. I keep most of the magazines but can't seem to locate this article. Does anyone know which month/year whole grains (with information about a variety of grains) appeared in CL?

Thanks in advance,
    Renee

Hmm - August 2004 had something along those lines. Do you have that issue?

Stacy,

Thanks for your help. I do have August '04 but that it isn't in that one. Though, as I went through it I remembered its the issue with Alysha's sauce recipe!

Any other suggestion?

Renee

Alysha's Marinara is in August 2004 on p.172...hmmm...I have my annual out and I dont see any articles that are about whole grain in the 2004(2005) one. Hold on for a sec....

ok...I did a search on the main Cooking Light site and found this link:

All about Grains - I have the annuals from the past few years and sure enough in the November 2002 section there is the article "All About Grains"

Dishing up Whole Grains - this is another article.

I hope this helps!
    Life is Good

Sorry that was the wrong one. I think what I found online was one of those tiny "articles" that they put in the front of the magazine. I couldn't actually check since I'd just given away my August 2004 magazine to my mom last Saturday...isn't that always the way!

This isn't it but I thought I would remind you of March 2005 when they had the article on risottos made from many different grains, not just rice.

I'm not sure if this is what you have in mind but thought I'd throw it in

Using the All About Grains link that imloulou posted, click Grain Glossary. There are descriptions & suggestions for use.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard all the bull before.

Cheryl

Excellent! Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to eating lots of grains this month!

I'll check out the links now.

Thanks again,
    Renee