Community Message Boards

Thread: Walt Disney World in a day - can it be done???

Hybrid View

Walt Disney World in a day - can it be done???

I'm going to Disney! Ok, so it's just for work. But we're getting in a day early so we can spend a day at WDW. I've never been, so I'm pretty excited! I don't particularly want to ride any of the rides - that's just not my thing. Should we go to the Magic Kingdom for the day? Buy our tickets in advance? Are there any shows we should see? I've heard the restaurants were phenomenal - should we try to make reservations at one? We're going next week, so there's not too much time.

We're also planning to go as a family either this winter (early Dec.) or next - basically depending on how much my little guy grows. I want to make sure he's 48" so he can ride all the rides when we go (since we'll most likely make one big trip to Disney - there are just too many other places we want to see with the kids!).

My personal favorites are Epcot and Animal Kingdom (shocker on that huh?). If you email Disney I'm sure they have booklets with the shows, restaraunts, etc. so you could get some ideas. You could also see which park is the "early open" park for the day--they always open one early--then you could do more with the one day...

If you only have 1 day, I'd recommend Epcot. You'll still have to pick and choose as you can easily spend all day in the different "countries" and still not make the other sections (nutrition, technology...stuff like that). All are fun.

I personally don't care for the Magic Kingdom much. Would be more fun, I suppose, if you have kids.
    Silly is you in a natural state, and serious is something you have to do until you can get silly again.
    Mike Myers

Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color...choosing your socks by their character makes no sense and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable. anon

If you are not going with kids, I'd recommend MGM. There are so many interesting things dealing with movies and most of them are not rides per se. Epcot would be my second choice. It's fun and educational.

Loren
    The term "working mother" is redundant.

Definitely Epcot! For adults, it seems to be more appealing, and has good stuff for children, too! When DH and I go, we always spend more time in Epcot -- Magic Kingdom is second, then Animal Kingdom and MGM. I may be in the minority, but MGM doesn't do it for me at all.

Kay

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMartinGal
    Definitely Epcot! For adults, it seems to be more appealing, and has good stuff for children, too! When DH and I go, we always spend more time in Epcot -- Magic Kingdom is second, then Animal Kingdom and MGM. I may be in the minority, but MGM doesn't do it for me at all.

Kay
    No, you're not in the minority--MGM is our "least" favorite of the parks and the first one we'd toss out if we had to. But, that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it. The Tower of Terror and the Rock 'N Roller Coaster are great rides, but that's about it for me. The food in that park is pretty bad.

I think if I only had "one" day and didn't care about a lot of rides, I might go to Animal Kingdom. The safari is fun and interesting, the Dinosaur ride is pretty thrilling, there is the new Expedition Everest Ride, and then there's lots to "look at" there. Then you can leave the park and head right over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and have the Boma buffet or the upscale Jiko fine dining experience.