Spoiler!!!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I was disappointed. I don't think I could watch Guy for a full show. I get too uptight watching him. I hope the food network teaches him to turn it down a notch.

I feel Reggie was more personable and 'real'. Guy to me was always in performance mode.
    Day and a life of culinary school - http://lovescooking.blogspot.com

Tonight's result did not surprise me. I still wish Andy could of made it that far.
    They are already planning for next seasons show.
    "Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven." - Yiddish Proverb

Exclamation Correct choice...

I think Guy was the correct choice for the show. Reggie is loving and engaging with his "snappy and homestyle" cooking. But FN already has Paula Deen (and to a lesser degree, Emeril) for that.
    I also didn't care for Reggie's reference to girl this and girl that during his pilot show. I'm not a girl and found it offputting. He has to remember that there are both genders in his audience.

I find Guy as real and genuine as Reggie. Just in a different way. I think Guy is the better fit for FN because I think he will be more varied and present many different dishes and not just the homey theme.

I look forward to next season's show as I don't think this year's group of contestants was as strong as last year's. I'm still watching the Hearty (sp?) boys a year later. Not sure I'll be watching anyone from this crop a year later.

I didn't care for either one, but I prefer Guy over Reggie. I can't remember her name, but the Asian girl was my favorite. She just couldn't get it together.

Great show, though!
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammster
    I think Guy was the correct choice for the show. Reggie is loving and engaging with his "snappy and homestyle" cooking. But FN already has Paula Deen (and to a lesser degree, Emeril) for that.
    I also didn't care for Reggie's reference to girl this and girl that during his pilot show. I'm not a girl and found it offputting. He has to remember that there are both genders in his audience.
    Heck, *I'm* a girl and found it off-putting. What it really came down for me was not cooking style, but personality. I turn Food Network on and there are some shows I won't watch because I don't like the host. I really didn't like watching Reggie on the show. I got tired of hearing 'sassy' coming out of his mouth every five minutes, and it was kind of annoying to hear him talk about how healthy something is, and then in the next segment say "I'm all about the cream and butter."

I think Reggie could have done a great dessert show, but not a cooking show.

Guy...I have to admit was one of my favourites. I love how wild he is, his interpretation of a lot of dishes, and the fact that the food is kind of laid back with a twist. I'd watch his show. He's a character in himself, and I like that.
    Liz, Aussie in Indy.
    Visit my blog, Confessions of a Single Mother

Neither my husband nor I were surprised with the results. I think Guy has a more "all over" approach to cooking. I think he'll be great! Darn, I just realized I forgot he was going to be on Good Morning America. Can't wait for his show to start in June.
    Bakers have the best buns.
    "Cookie Bearchild" by Boyds Bear

I'm not chomping at the bit to watch his show, the way I was with Dan & Steve (I still watch every episode of theirs and would make almost every dish they show).

I wasn't surprised by Guy winning. We talked about the show at our CL group last night and I think everyone voted for him. At the beginning of the series, he bothered me a bit, but I think he's toned it down just enough. His food looks reasonably good to me, and I like that he has so much restaurant experience. And he seems like a good dad --are there any other dads on the Food Network?

I liked Reggie at the beginning, but his "girls" and "sassy" got on my nerves after awhile. And I didn't see him cook a lot of stuff I would get excited about. I agree that he would have done better with a dessert show, but the format of the show doesn't seem to allow for a pastry chef. They do have Gale Gand doing a dessert show ("Sweet Dreams") but don't seem to give her a lot of play.

Quote Originally Posted by schuh
    I'm not chomping at the bit to watch his show, the way I was with Dan & Steve (I still watch every episode of theirs and would make almost every dish they show).
    I liked Reggie at the beginning, but his "girls" and "sassy" got on my nerves after awhile. And I didn't see him cook a lot of stuff I would get excited about. I agree that he would have done better with a dessert show, but the format of the show doesn't seem to allow for a pastry chef. They do have Gale Gand doing a dessert show ("Sweet Dreams") but don't seem to give her a lot of play.
    Not only that they've also got Warren Brown (sp?) doing desserts so there really was no room for Reggie. I hate to be the first to say it but I personally couldn't stand to look at him either. I just didn't get a good feeling watching him. Please don't bash me for saying that, Its just my own opinon.
    Guy, seems like fun, I'll try watching one of his shows to see what he has to offer. I personally would have loved to see Andy have his own show as well.

As for Dan & Steve, I just finished making their truffle brownies!!! OMG!!!! You must try those if you haven't already
    I love cooking with wine sometimes I even put it in the food.

i missed the 2 previous episodes, but HAD to watch last night. i was rooting for Guy the whole time. DF was calling him the sammy hagar guy. i think it's great that they're going to have another fun-loving young guy, as i think it'll encourage a lot of people my age to watch (like Ham on the Street). i'm psyched for his show!!

I am glad Guy won, as I was completely turned off by Reggie-I couldn't stand his mannerisms, style, looks, personality. I could never watch him for 30 minutes. Guy seems more appealing to m, and that cute little baby with the matching hairdo didn't hurt!!
    Karen

I don't think I would be motivated to watch a show with either of them but I kinda preferred Reggie. I liked Guy in the beginning but he started to bug me. I was not surprised at all with the results though.

I was going to vote for Reggie but I just couldn't bring myself to. I actually got the feeling that it wouldn't be in Reggie's best interest to win. Performing seemed to really wear on him and stress him out where it seemed to come very naturally to Guy. I think that after some time, if Reggie's show were successful - and I highly doubt it would have been - he would not enjoy doing it at all.

To me, Reggie "LOOKED" like a real sweetheart. Of course, I don't usually hold myself up as the model for whom another person's appearance should be judged. Sorry, judgmental attitudes on a person's appearance get my back up. That said, I really liked Reggie, but wouldn't watch his cooking show. I had a problem with "girls" and "sassy" remarks also. I voted for Guy and am really looking forward to his show. I think he has the potential to be a great teacher, if they'll let him. I liked his style, and think he could be really innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4one
    They are already planning for next seasons show.
    You're kidding! I was hoping they would retire the concept after season two. OK, I don't HAVE to watch it (only I do ) but I would think the whole, "OMG, it's Mario Batali!" /"darned food processor won't work"/"Hey! It's the other finalists!" thing would wear thin. It's so formulaic after one turn....

I don't care for Guy, but I think he's a great choice. The network is desperate for more young men in the audience, and Giada's only going keep 'em oggling for so long - I think Guy will really engage them. I see an Emeril aspect to him, only maybe Guy will actually teach something about cooking.
    One thing I did love was his huge network of friends and the fact that they were all just like him! Even their names were kind of "off the hook" lol. Even though I don't care for his style, he clearly has a huge heart and a real lust for life, and that's pretty sweet to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefzhat
    I didn't care for either one, but I prefer Guy over Reggie. I can't remember her name, but the Asian girl was my favorite. She just couldn't get it together.

Great show, though!
    That was Jess. She has her own web site with journal entries on the whole process.

I'm glad Guy won. I think he was the most consistent throughout the entire competition, and he really listened to the constructive criticism and applied it (toning it down a bit, removing his rings, etc.). I'm looking forward to his show.

I didn't care for Carissa in the beginning, but she really pulled it together towards the end.
    Visit my website (mostly cooking, with life thrown in for good measure):
    http://www.sweetnicks.com

Missindi, thanks for posting the link. Although I've accomplished nothing at work in the last 45 minutes, I loved reading her blog! Great insights into the show.

I didn't vote for either Guy or Reggie, because I just couldn't make up my mind. But I guess I'm happy Guy won; we loved his turkey-tequila fettucine, and I agree that he was the most consistent. According to Jess' blog, Reggie is starting his own cookie company, so it sounds like he's doing okay!