My sis always thought she was allergic to mango, when it turns out it was exactly this problem--oils from the skin getting on her hands, on the fruit itself, etc. She is very sensitive to poison oak, so it made sense once she found out they are related. Now if she takes precautions, she can eat mango!
Originally Posted by GingerPow
Um kiwi fuzz, yuck. I do not eat it. I can eat peach fuzz if it is wet (and therefore less "fuzzy"), but I'd rather eat the peach without it. My mom gave me a soft fruit peeler that makes peeling kiwis and other soft fruit really easy, and for me even if the skin is edible, the fruit is much more enjoyable without it.
"In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport."