Community Message Boards

Thread: W-S is tempting me again!

Wink W-S is tempting me again!

Have you seen the new pan?

And they look like this:

I'm just a sucker for these pans! Wish I had known in time for the 4th!
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

adorable! julia would be all over those.

but how would you ever get them out of the pan? well, I suppose they must come out alright or they couldn't sell the pan.

I have the sandcastle, the gingerbread house and the pumpkin pans and the cake really do come out very easily.

What will they come up w/ next!? I have done sort-of the same thing by turning a regular cupcake upside down & mounding the frosting. It's the same concept, just shorter! And w/out the neat waffle type indentations!
    "I can read and write if that's what you mean. I'm not thick or anything just don't ask me where the commas go."
    Incendiary by Chris Cleave

Looks like you've discovered the cure for the common cupcake!

Wishing you tons of fun at your upcoming July 4th shindig.
    Life ain't Certain. Ride Your Best Horse First

I have the Wilton pans that make a half-cone but these are so much cuter...not talking myself out of them very well! And I don't even have anyone Julia's age but that didn't stop me from buying the other pans and I do have a birthday coming up...

I saw that pan in the store last week. I was really tempted but all I could think of was cleaning the pan.

So instead I bought these ice cream sandwich molds.

http://ww1.williams-sonoma.com/cat/p...%7Crshop%2Fhme

These could lead to a dangerously delicious over-consumption of FROSTING! Mmmmm.

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by merley
    So instead I bought these ice cream sandwich molds.
    Oh they are very cute too!

Cool! How much $$ ?

Sneezles
    Thanks for adding the picture. I couldn't figure out how to do it. I can't wait to try these ice cream sandwich makers out.
    First up will be brownies with either mint chip or cherry ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by yomomma
    Cool! How much $$ ?

The ice cream cone pan is $29.95 and the ice cream sandwich molds (set of 3) is $14.00.

Here's a link for the ice cream cone pan ...I'm ordering mine today!

I have the ice cream cone pan from W-S, and the cupcakes popped right out. I did spray the pan first with non-stick. They're so cute

so, how do those ice cream sandwich molds work? Do you bake the brownies in the molds?

I wish that WS could tempt me. I have $200 in gift cards that I just can't find a thing to buy. I was there this morning too, but came out with nothing once again. If worse comes to worse, I'll just get a Le Creuset this fall.

I saw those pans but the novelty would wear off after I used it once.

[QUOTE=funnybone]I wish that WS could tempt me. I have $200 in gift cards that I just can't find a thing to buy. [QUOTE]

I'd be more than happy to take those off your hands!

Well, my pans arrived today and I can't wait to use them (shame I didn't have them in time for yesterday). I think they'll be a big hit once the bakery is up and running.

[QUOTE=KristiB][QUOTE=funnybone]I wish that WS could tempt me. I have $200 in gift cards that I just can't find a thing to buy.

I'd be more than happy to take those off your hands!

LOL - isn't that always the way. I had planned on getting the Keurig coffee maker, but they decided to no longer carry it. I bought a Delonghi electric grill, but the coating peeled off after two uses and I took it back. They have since replaced the grill with a newer version, but with summer here, I'd rather grill outside. Oh well . . .

Susan, let us know how you like the pans.

I saw that in the catalog and forgot I have a gift card. I had been thinking about getting a new blender, but since the old one isn't dead yet -- maybe the cupcake pan and the sandcastle pan I have resisted?

Sneezles, you are going to have fun with that bakery!

That is the cutest pan- and a great idea. I could see using that for my class. I've my eye on that sandcastle pan...have you been happy with it?? i also saw in the Bakers Catalog, a flexible pan that would make seashell shaped whatevers that could be used to decorate around the cake.
    Cheryl

Well, I didn't get around to making the cupcakes yesterday as I tried my hand at Kolaches instead. So today I made the cuties! They're not frosted yet and I'll have to dig out my pastry bags but thought I'd share the results and btw they were the easiest to remove from the pan...the pan simply lifted off without any sticking!

Funny, I was going to ask you to snap a picture when you tried out the pan. I really want one, but my fear is that mine will look NOTHING like the picture that they showed. They look great! If you can, snap another when you have them frosted! This is going on my birthday wish list!

Quote Originally Posted by katygirl
    Funny, I was going to ask you to snap a picture when you tried out the pan. I really want one, but my fear is that mine will look NOTHING like the picture that they showed. They look great! If you can, snap another when you have them frosted! This is going on my birthday wish list!
    Well, they don't look exactly like their picture and I definitely ned to learn to focus the camera better but they are pretty darn cute (didn't have any kind of sprinkles in the house though):

Those are beautiful!! I have the Sandcastle pan, and it works great!! No problems sticking, and the detail was easy to see. I used graham cracker crumbs for the sand, and Trader Joes had seashell shaped chocolates. Jelly Belly Beans made good pebbles!

I think my girlfriend has every "cute" cake pan that W-S has ever made! She got these several months ago and has been raving about them. I had a hard time picturing them in my head, but when I saw them I agreed they were absolutely adorable!!! She has never mentioned having a hard time getting them out.
    I want the ice cream sandwich molds, too. If anyone gets them and makes some, I'd love to see the pix!
    Lynne

To err is human, to forgive, canine.
    -- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by momcancook
    Those are beautiful!! I have the Sandcastle pan, and it works great!! No problems sticking, and the detail was easy to see. I used graham cracker crumbs for the sand, and Trader Joes had seashell shaped chocolates. Jelly Belly Beans made good pebbles!
    uh oh! well, i'll just clean and reorganize my cabinet and make room!

and i'm going to traders joe's this weekend. thanks for the tips.
    Cheryl

Yours DO look like the picture! They are wonderful! I wonder if they cupcake would be dense enough to pipe some softened soft serve ice cream on top for the frosting instead of regular frosting.

Quote Originally Posted by katygirl
    Yours DO look like the picture! They are wonderful! I wonder if they cupcake would be dense enough to pipe some softened soft serve ice cream on top for the frosting instead of regular frosting.
    It is a dense cake and would probably hold up to the soft-serve but it would be very messy eating! The ones I made were a bit awkward to eat since the cake part is fairly tall for a cupcake and then add in the height of the icing! My DH really liked the cake but removed most of the icing since he's not too keen about icing anyway.

Just found this picture of the sand castle pan cake you all have been talking about. What a sheltered life I'm leading. I've only eaten/seen simple standard-shaped cakes and cupcakes. I must get out more

Life ain't Certain. Ride Your Best Horse First