Community Message Boards

Thread: Insane lawsuit-Man sues Nike because HE looks like Michael Jordan

Hybrid View

Insane lawsuit-Man sues Nike because HE looks like Michael Jordan

Seems to me with the shaved head and earring he's trying to look like Jordan.

Air lawsuit? Man sues because he looks like Jordan

Tribune news services
    Published July 8, 2006

A Portland, Ore., man is suing Michael Jordan and Nike founder Phil Knight for a combined $832 million. Allen Heckard filed suit, contending he has been mistaken for Jordan nearly every day for 15 years and he's tired of it.

"I'm constantly being accused of looking like Michael, and it makes it very uncomfortable for me," Heckard said. Heckard is suing Jordan for defamation and permanent injury and emotional pain and suffering. He's suing Knight for defamation and permanent injury for promoting Jordan.

At 6 feet tall, Heckard is 6 inches shorter than Jordan. But he does bear a resemblance with a shaved head, an earring in his left ear and conditioning from, yes, playing basketball. How he decided to sue for $416 million each?

"Well, you figure with my age and you multiply that times seven and, ah, then I turn around and, ah, I figure that's what it all boils down to."

source:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...-sportsnew-hed

The sad thing is, this guy is probably getting what he really was after - media attention. How ridiculous.
    Anne

When you start to cook, as when you begin to live, you think that the point is to improve the technique until you end up with something perfect, and that the reason you haven’t been able to break the cycle of desire and disillusion is that you haven’t yet mastered the rules. Then you grow up, and you learn that that’s the game.

Adam Gopnik, The New Yorker

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! I wish that guy could get fined for filing such a stupid lawsuit. I hope the judge just laughs and throws out the case. What an idiot.

Not only that, he doesn't look like MJ...his face is too full.

Methinks there are just a lot of people out there with wishful thinking or poor eyesight...or maybe both!
    Erin

"Eating peanut butter is a sacred act, not to be defiled by pork or its substitutes."

-generic

New favorite bumper sticker: "Go Green. Recycle Yourself. Become an Organ and Tissue Donor."

Quote Originally Posted by zwieback
    I wish that guy could get fined for filing such a stupid lawsuit.
    Amen to that. And while they're at it, fine the lawyer who was dumb enough to take on the case and waste everyone's time with this stupidity.

Oh, and couldn't MJ now countersue because now everyone is mistaking him for the jacka$$ who wants to sue him?

You know, in the picture that is posted, I'd say the guy looks more like Montel Williams than he does Michael Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by lindrusso
    Oh, and couldn't MJ now countersue because now everyone is mistaking him for the jacka$$ who wants to sue him?
    That would be funny
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com