Community Message Boards

Thread: Question about Employee W4's

Question about Employee W4's

Do you have to have employee's fill out new State and Federal W4's every year? I just thought of this and out accountant won't be in until Monday. DH says that it is just a bunch of bull, but I know that we have to do it at our other job. Or at least we have for the last 3 out of 15 years.... And I know that they don't have us do it just because it is fun for them to have extra work.

Does anyone know?
    Thanks!
    Joyce
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

I don't know about your state, but for federal W-4 forms, the answer is no. Employees only have to complete one when there is a change or to claim an exemption from withholding each year.

http://www.irs.gov/govt/fslg/article...112714,00.html

Joyce,

You aren't required to update your forms every year, but some companies do it almost as a reminder for those that want/need to change their exemptions and withholding.

Also, it allows the company to get any address changes, etc that they might not have updated during the year.

Hope this helps!

Jamie

Thank you!
    Joyce
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen