Community Message Boards

Thread: Pomegranate syrup

Hybrid View

Pomegranate syrup

I am making a chicken recipe that calls for pomegranate juice and syrup. All I could find was pom. concentrate. is that the same thing? If not, do you think it will work? I only need to use about 3T of it....

I'll post a review after I make it....

You bought the right stuff. We'll wait for your review.
    Dorothy aka Martha

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Is that the same as pomegranate molasses, or is the molasses even thicker?

I bet you could make your own syrup by adding pomgranate concentrate to Karo syrup.

Pemegranate molasses is the juice greatly reduced -- no added syrup or sugar. I'm not sure about the syrup. I bought one and someone brought me the other. I'm not sure yet if they are the same. Seems we had this discussion last fall, but I dont remember. How sad is that?

"Grenadine (grenadine syrup) is a blood-red, strong syrup made from pomegranates. It is the number one among fruit syrups, and is used in many cocktails not only for sweetening, but also to give them a red color.

Grenadine syrup for use in a bar is usually bought on bottles, but you can also make your own:
    Use 4 pomegranates to make about 2 cups of pomegranate syrup. After removing seeds, process with food processor knife blade. Simmer pulp with 1/4 cup honey over low heat 3 minutes. Stir well. Strain to remove seeds."

http://www.webtender.com/db/ingred/82
    The cardiologist's diet: - If it tastes good spit it out!