Community Message Boards

Thread: Crme Brle?

Crme Brle?

I'm going out to dinner tonight and the specialty of the house is their Crme Brle. I've always wanted to try one but I hate the texture of flan. Is the texture the same? I gag while trying to eat flan.

Oh, goodness, the texture of creme bulee is nothing like flan. Creme Brulee is wonderful...so creamy and smooth...not firm and gelatinous like flan. Try it...you won't be sorry!

Thanks! I will try it. I've always wanted to but have always been afraid of the texture.

Creme Brulee is simply egg custard with caramelized sugar on top. Smoothe and silky with a nice crunch from the sugar.

I never really understood the differences between desserts like creme brulee and panna cotta until recently. Creme brulee is now one of my absolute favourite desserts. I think I could live off of the caramelized topping. I am sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanjasper
    Creme brulee is now one of my absolute favourite desserts. I think I could live off of the caramelized topping. I am sure of it.
    Me too! CB is my most favorite thing to eat. There is nothing better.

I went out to dinner last night fully anticipating eating an extravagent dessert. I ended up being so full I couldn't eat another bite so didn't eat dessert. I had a fantastic Thai Orange Roughy. It had a great ginger coconut sauce on it but it tasted soooo bad for you.

I guess I will search for a good make at home Crme Brle recipe. Anyone try a CL one?

It really is the best thing ever
    Check out my cookingitup page http://www.cookingitup.com/cindy