Community Message Boards

Thread: Cook's Essentials - TECHNIQUE HARD ANODIZED

Cook's Essentials - TECHNIQUE HARD ANODIZED

Just took a look at this on QVC due to all the praise it got here. I need a *smooth* bottom on my pots and pans and these "appear" to have a raised circular pattern. Tell me it's not so! Hoping it's just the glare of the photo.

The stainless 500 looked somewhat better but not perfectly smooth. I'm pulling my hair out! Please tell me how these bottoms *really* are. Safe for use on a ceramic glass top?

I have the stainless 500 set and it works just fine on our stove!
    Joe

Pictures and recipes of our Cooking and Baking!
    http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. ~Judith Viorst

I have the hard anondized set, which I love by the way. They do though have a slightly raised circular pattern on the bottom.

I have the Technique hard anodized set myself, and I'm continually adding to it. I love this stuff! Each of the pans do have a concave circular pattern to them, but I can't imagine that it would be unsafe for a ceramic cooktop. My mother has a smooth cooktop, not sure if it's ceramic, because I've never wanted one enough to research it....not sure if they make smooth cooktops out of anything else! But I got her the basic set last Christmas and she loves it too!

Every time I go into a kitchen store and pick up a $200 AllClad skillet I do a little happy dance knowing I got a very good set of hard anodized cookware and spent less than that on my basic set. I just bought the square skillet and square grill pan set a few months ago and those are even more fun to use! Honestly, the AllClad might be better....but I don't care to find out for sure, since I'm perfectly happy with this set.

You can always call Customer Service at QVC and ask! The number is on their website! Good luck!
    ~ "The right shoe can change your life...."- Cinderella ~

Thanks you guys! I did call and speak with QVC and you're right...circular raised bottoms. Also spoke with my range mfg. and they insisted *no raised bottoms*. The Stainless 500 is probably my best bet...looks good and price is definitely right!

I have the stainless 500, and I love it!
    I'm walking in the avon walk for breast cancer AGAIN for the 5th year (2008)!

Donate Here