Community Message Boards

Thread: Anybody have waterless cookware?

Anybody have waterless cookware?

I just came from a home show, and was intrigued by two separate vendors selling cookware that requires no water or oil, etc for cooking. Supposedly, more vitamins and nutrients are retained in the food. One was selling Royal Prestige cookware, the other was selling Lustre Craft; I think both brands are manufactured by West Bend.

Does anyone have cookware like this? What do you think of it? It seems really nice, and the food they cooked and let us sample was really good. The cookware was not cheap.

Any thoughts?

I have 7 ply stainless steel that I bought on ebay about 10 years ago, same thing, I bought it in response to a set I saw at a home show as well! The price was WAY, WAY less than what they sell for at the home shows. To be honest, I've never used it without oil or water---I'm too chicken! That said, the stuff has held up well, I melted one handle by putting a small pan on a big burner several years ago and one handle had to be tightened recently---but it is just as good as the day I bought it. My one complaint? It's AMAZINGLY heavy stuff. If you have any trouble with upper body strength, this ain't the stuff for you. Otherwise, nothing sticks to it, I can jab forks in it, it has no stains anywhere and the handles are fully operational with no cracks, same goes for the lids. It also holds heat for a long time so you have to get used to that.

Kristi
    co-founder
    Planet Marshmallow
    www.planetmarshmallow.com

Purchased mine about 18 years ago and it still looks and cooks great! I purchased Cordon Bleu. It was over-priced, but then so is the other "better" brands that you can get. I used to use it waterless and it did great, but as time passed, I got out of that notion.

I have had a handle to get loose and during a move I lost a handle. But I was able to get a replacement, even after all of these years.

Interesting that it is still being sold at home shows.
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

Waterless and oiless as a selling point in cookware is meaningless and designed to entire the unsophisticated purchaser. I would run like hell from any set that advertised itself as having these qualities.

What is the price and what is the construction.

The construction of cookware is what is critical -- i.e. is it anodized aluminum or clad stainless steel -- is it fully clad or clad only on the bottom -- Which pieces.

By and large the purchase of a set is a waste since most people find different types of cookwear are best suited for a particular purpose.

Very little to no oil is necessary for even regular stainless steel for example -- and most people know that a small amount of oil is necessary for taste and texture in terms of food chemistry -- unless one is on a completely nonfat diet but one tablespoon or less of olive oil -- for example -- is more than adquate to saute almost all foods.

Some foods are sauted in a nonstick pan anyway -- like fish or where a fond is not needed.

Waterless cookware -- who the hell cooks with water anyway at this point so what possible advantage is this anyway -- If I cook with a liquid it's to poach -- or possibly to steam.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarie
    Interesting that it is still being sold at home shows.
    This was a home and garden show at a convention center, not a show in a private home. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Both brands are very heavy & have lids with vapor valves. Both claim to have 5 layers of metal; a stainless steel interior & exterior, with a core of aluminum (Royal Prestige) or carbon steel (Lustre Craft).

The food they demo'd cooked quickly, and really was very good. I was particularly interested in the vegetables, which I usually steam (considered "cooking with water"). I always love kitchen toys, especially if they work. With the wealth of knowledge on these BB's, I thought I'd see if anyone had any experience with these.

Bernie

THE WATERLESS COOKWARE SETS YOU MENTIONED ARE REALLY GOOD PRODUCTS BUT I MUST AGREE THAT THEY ARE WAY OVER PRICED....I HAVE BEEN SELLING THE "ROYAL GIANT" WATERLESS COOKWARE SET FOR A WHILE NOW BUT NOT FOR THE SUGGESTED PRICE THE COMPANY WANTS YOU TO SELL IT FOR...PLEASE LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING LINK
    www.centralwashingtoncookware.mysite.com WHICH IS MY WEBSITE FOR WATERLESS COOKWARE PRODUCTS AND THE ROYAL GIANT WEBSITE WHICH IS THE WEBSITE WITH THE INFO ON THE ROYAL GIANT COOKWARE PRODUCTS.
    MY EMAIL IS LISTED ON MY WEBSITE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN BE OF FURTHER ASSISTANCE....FROM BERNIE

Quote Originally Posted by bernie99301
    THE WATERLESS COOKWARE SETS YOU MENTIONED ARE REALLY GOOD PRODUCTS BUT I MUST AGREE THAT THEY ARE WAY OVER PRICED....I HAVE BEEN SELLING THE "ROYAL GIANT" WATERLESS COOKWARE SET FOR A WHILE NOW BUT NOT FOR THE SUGGESTED PRICE THE COMPANY WANTS YOU TO SELL IT FOR...PLEASE LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING LINK
    www.centralwashingtoncookware.mysite.com WHICH IS MY WEBSITE FOR WATERLESS COOKWARE PRODUCTS AND THE ROYAL GIANT WEBSITE WHICH IS THE WEBSITE WITH THE INFO ON THE ROYAL GIANT COOKWARE PRODUCTS.
    MY EMAIL IS LISTED ON MY WEBSITE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN BE OF FURTHER ASSISTANCE....FROM BERNIE

Yeah, right, let me pop on over there so you can take my money ! Go away!

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn1007
    Yeah, right, let me pop on over there so you can take my money ! Go away!
    I agree. I thought of reporting it earlier today when I seen it but then the thread will get deleted.
    "Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven." - Yiddish Proverb

I OPOLOGIZE IF FOR SOME REASON YOU THOUGHT I WAS MAKING A SALES PITCH ON THE WATERLESS COOKWARE SETS, I HAVE AGREED THAT THEY ARE OVERPRICED....BUT IF I AM GOING TO PURCHASE A SET OF WATERLESS COOKWARE AND SOMEONE IS SELLING IT FOR $1500 AND ANOTHER VENDOR IS SELLING THE SAME PRODUCT FOR $300 I WILL PURCHASE THE $300 ITEM.
    I AM ONLY OFFERING INFORMATION AND MY OPINION, AGAIN I OPOLOGIZE..

First, quit yelling! (That's what you are doing by typing in all caps) Second, what do you think, you come here, find a 2 week old thread that just conveniently you sell and then you claim innocence. If you aren't really a spammer then stay awhile without trying to sell your goods.
    Last edited by Robyn1007; 10-22-2006 at 05:34 PM.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" ~ George Bernard Shaw

look, I don't know this Bernie from a hole in the wall, but I bought MY waterless cookware set online for about $300. The one I talk about in my response to this thread.

Someone asked about the cookware, someone said they sell it. Not that big a deal.

Kristi
    co-founder
    Planet Marshmallow
    www.planetmarshmallow.com

I OPOLOGIZE IF FOR SOME REASON YOU THOUGHT I WAS MAKING A SALES PITCH ON THE WATERLESS COOKWARE SETS, I HAVE AGREED THAT THEY ARE OVERPRICED....BUT IF I AM GOING TO PURCHASE A SET OF WATERLESS COOKWARE AND SOMEONE IS SELLING IT FOR $1500 AND ANOTHER VENDOR IS SELLING THE SAME PRODUCT FOR $300 I WILL PURCHASE THE $300 ITEM.
    I AM ONLY OFFERING INFORMATION AND MY OPINION, AGAIN I OPOLOGIZE..
    You do not spell apologize with an O.
    "Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven." - Yiddish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Kristilyn1
    look, I don't know this Bernie from a hole in the wall, but I bought MY waterless cookware set online for about $300. The one I talk about in my response to this thread.

Someone asked about the cookware, someone said they sell it. Not that big a deal.

Kristi
    Yes, it is. Its against the terms and conditions of the board. If this one is okay what makes spamming of the bags, medicines etc any better? We've had threads on bags (many of them) and medicine costs.

Back to the cookware question...
    I bought my set when I was 16 so that would be...oh...30 years ago and I LOVE it. I use the set everyday and that is all I have ever had. I bought it from a friends dad and made payments for about 2 years..really, I think I paid something like 16.00/month. In fact a handle broke about 2 years ago and I did some research, I had originally bought it form Regal Cookware and I know it had a lifetime replacement policy so (OK I am a packrat) I found all the info on it and tracked to to the new company. Long story short, sent in the pot and it was returned about 2 weeks later with a new handle

Everyone thought I was crazy and said there was no way I could even fine the place much let alone get it replaced but I am sorry, when some company says "lifetime" I consider that "lifetime".

Good luck, I am sure if you purchase them you will love them. I sure have gotten my monies worth

Kim
    Take time to laugh, it's the music of the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn1007
    First, quit yelling! (That's what you are doing by typing in all caps) Second, what do you think, you come here, find a 2 week old thread that just conveniently you sell and then you claim innocence. If you aren't really a spammer then stay awhile without trying to sell your goods.
    Good God, I feel like a criminal for offering my opinion on waterless cookware.... at no point in time did i offer to sell any thing to anyone... I said I sold them for a while now...good product.... overpriced... I do consider myself an expert on this field because I know the product rather well.. sorry for the inconvience i have created for you..

Okay, then prove to us that you are here for other reasons. Participate on other threads and be a part of the community. Not a criminal but if you watched how much spam we get around here you'd realize why this is so annoying. Oh, and directing someone to your SALES website is offering to sell them something which, again, is against the terms of this bulletin board.

Well as you can see i am new here and the welcome i got is not something to write home about. I thought i could include myself in a "thread" but i suppose i need an invitation from someone. I was looking for something to use in my kitchen since i am the only person that cooks in my household and i need to have something new added to my recipes.

www.centralwashingtoncookware.mysite.com WHICH IS MY WEBSITE FOR WATERLESS COOKWARE PRODUCTS AND THE ROYAL GIANT WEBSITE
    WHICH IS THE WEBSITE WITH THE INFO ON THE ROYAL GIANT COOKWARE PRODUCTS.
    for information on products....thank you