Community Message Boards

Thread: How should I do this re: Paula Deen-type sausage balls?

How should I do this re: Paula Deen-type sausage balls?

I'm supposed to be bringing sausage balls to a brunchy event tomorrow morning that is an hour away. I'm leaving early in the morning so making them tomorrow isn't a good option. Should I make and bake them tonight, refrigerate, transport them in a tupperware and reheat when I get there? How - back into the oven? Any tips on transporting and reheating would be appreciated.

If this is the traditional sausage ball made with ground sausage, grated cheese, and Bisquick ...

You can cook them ahead and reheat. IMHO, though, they're not quite as good. One thing we used to do when I was a young-un was freeze them raw, then bake from frozen. Takes a little longer, but you get a fresher result. Still, reheating cooked DOES work.

yep those are the ones..... Hmm, freezing and cooking frozen might be an idea! Thanks!

40+ years ago my grandma would make a big batch of these for me when she'd come to visit. She'd put them in the freezer, and I'd take a few out when I'd get home from school and bake them for a snack. I do the same thing now, but use the microwave when I'm in a hurry. Hope they turned out well for you - these have been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember!!
    Lynne

To err is human, to forgive, canine.
    -- Anonymous