Community Message Boards

Thread: Boneless leg of lamb...how long to cook?

Boneless leg of lamb...how long to cook?

I can't find my BH&G cookbook...can someone tell me how long I should cook a boneless leg of lamb per pound and at what temperature?

Thanks!!!
    I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead. ~Woody Allen

Here is what I found using google:

Hormel

and this from culinary cafe:

At 325 for a total of 20 minutes cooking time for each pound of boneless meat, or until a meat thermometer registers 140F. for medium-rare meat. Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let it stand for 20 minutes.
    Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer. . .

Boneless, tied roasts of many meats and poultry are also delicious cooked on a rotisserie in a covered grill. Sometimes I used soaked wood chips, sometimes not, but it always comes out to be flavorful. I roast it at the same temperature I would use in an oven. It seems to take a bit longer, for the temperature goes down when the top is lifted for basting or examination.

Kay

If you're cooking it flat, not rolled and tied, treat it like a thick steak. We usually grill, and it can take as little as 20 minutes.