Community Message Boards

Thread: What to make with leftover Pork Tenderloin?

What to make with leftover Pork Tenderloin?

Costco- enough said? I usually cut and foodsave but I was in a hurry and made the whole thing. How can I search for recipes that use cooked pork? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Depending on how you seasoned it you could make fried rice, pulled pork sandwiches, carnitas...
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

It does have a mild marinade, but I think I could make it into anything. I did think of fried rice, but I still have a lot of pork tenderloin. I need a recipe that uses pork as a main ingredient.
    Mabye like a stroganof?

CL had an article last year where they made a Simple Pork Roast and then had recipes using the leftovers. If you can get the recipe finder to work, try typing in Simple Pork Roast and see what you get. I attempted to do it but am having trouble with the site.

Another option is to slice it very thin and just have sandwiches. I did that last night with a tenderloin marinated in a CL Pacific Rim marinade and they were really good.

This is a simple recipe that uses about a pound of leftover pork:

Country Pork and Noodles

2 cups (about 1 pound) diced roasted (fully-cooked) pork (loin, tenderloin, butt or fresh pork leg)
    4 cups chicken broth, divided use
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    7 ounces dry egg noodles
    1/2 red bell pepper, diced
    3/4 cup (about 4 ounces) frozen peas
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    2 teaspoons butter

1. In small bowl thoroughly stir together 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch, set aside.
    2. In 4-quart saucepan, bring remaining broth to a boil; add noodles, cook for 5 minutes.
    3. Stir in bell pepper, peas and pepper.
    4. When noodles are tender, stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened; stir in pork and butter; heat through.

Serves 6.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

I have made this good recipe with any cooked pork many times. Just don't cook it as long.

Island Sweet-Sour Pork

1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut in small cubes
    1 tablespoon salad oil
    1 teaspoon salt (I leave out)
    Dash pepper
    1 8 3/4 ounce can pineapple tidbits in syrup
    1/2 cup barbecue sauce
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 medium green pepper, cut in strips

Brown meat in hot oil in skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Add water to syrup to make 3/4 cup. Stir syrup and barbecue sauce into browned meat. Cover; simmer 40 to 45 minutes or till tender. Blend cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water; stir into meat. Cook and stir till thickened. Add pineapple and green pepper; heat through. Serve over rice. Six servings.

Kay

Note: Pork also freezes well. Just put it into meal size plastic bags and freeze. When thawed, it can be quickly sauteed or used in any recipe such as a casserole or skillet dish that has cooked meat as an ingredient.

Roast pork tenderloin with dried cranberry sauce.

I make this one a lot. In fact I've made the sauce part of the recipe and put sliced pork into the sauce and allowed the pork to gently reheat in the sauce. Once the sauce is made, turn the heat to really low (or off), put some pork slices into the sauce and allow them to slowly heat up in the sauce. Only takes about 5 minutes or a bit longer to heat the slices.
    Once they are heated through, put them on the plate (or in a serving dish) and spoon on some of the sauce. Oh and btw, I use cranberry juice, not cocktail and it comes out great. And I use whatever blend of juice I have on hand. Sometimes crangrape, cranapple, cranraspberry or just straight cranberry.

Roasted Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Dried Cranberry Sauce
    From
    See All Dinner Tonight Recipes

Total time: 42 minutes. A tablespoon of grape jelly helps thicken the tangy-sweet sauce. Tenderloin is lean and juicy when properly prepared. Use a meat thermometer to avoid overcooking.

Pork:
    1 teaspoon dried sage
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
    Cooking spray

Sauce:
    1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1 cup dried cranberries
    1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail (such as Ocean Spray)
    1 tablespoon grape jelly

Preheat oven to 400.
    To prepare pork, combine first 4 ingredients; rub evenly over pork.

Heat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Place pan in oven; cook pork at 400 for 12 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 160 (slightly pink). Place pork on a cutting board; keep warm.

To prepare sauce, add the chicken broth, dried cranberries, and juice to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in jelly; cook 8 minutes or until mixture is slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Cut the pork into (1/2-inch) slices. Serve with sauce.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces pork and 1/4 cup sauce)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
    CALORIES 282(20% from fat); FAT 6.3g (sat 2.2g,mono 2.8g,poly 0.7g); PROTEIN 24g; CHOLESTEROL 75mg; CALCIUM 21mg; SODIUM 596mg; FIBER 2.1g; IRON 2.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 33.6g

I make a big pot of spicy peanut noodles and chop up my leftover pork tenderloin in it. Soooo good.
    Just another Susan

"Peggy, here I am tryin' to contain an outbreak, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" Hank Hill

www.thebreastcancersite.com Click here to fund free mammograms!

If you have a vacuum sealer, seal up some of the leftovers and freeze them so that you have the majority of dinner ready in the midst of all the upcoming holiday madness.
    my personal chef service: Anastasia's Table Personal Chef Service