Community Message Boards

Thread: Difference btw. Pumpkin Pie Mix and Pumpkin?

Difference btw. Pumpkin Pie Mix and Pumpkin?

I am making Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle for dessert tomorrow and my mom helped me out by buying the ingredients when she was at the store today.

I noticed she bought a can of pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix like the recipe states. I'm imagining the difference is a matter of spices. Anyone know how to make the can of plain pumpkin into pumpkin pie mix?

TIA, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim

It is spice and soome sweetener. I think pumpkin pie mix has corn syrup or sugar. You might want to visit the Libbey's website, as they probably have the ingredients listed.

From the Libby's website:

Q. What is the difference between LIBBY’S Pumpkin Pie Mix and LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin?

A. LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin is just that – pure pumpkin with nothing added – no salt, no sugar, no artificial flavorings, colorings or preservatives. It’s ready-to-use for all cooking and baking uses. LIBBY’S Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix contains pure pumpkin and a blend of traditional spices and sugar. Just add eggs and evaporated milk to the Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix, pour into an unbaked pie shell and bake for a delicious and easy dessert.
    Have a happy Thanksgiving. Your dessert sounds delicious!

Thanks for the help! Didn't even think of going to Libby's site! Happy Thanksgiving!