Community Message Boards

Thread: Sugar Cookie recipe from the old Joy of cooking

Question Sugar Cookie recipe from the old Joy of cooking

Hello,

I am new here. I am looking for a sugar cookie recipe from the Joy of Cooking cookbook, I believe it had an orange cover. I do know that it had some nutmeg in the recipe I believe? If anyone out there could help me out there, I sure would appreciate it!

Thanks, Annie

Annie, copied this from the "Joy of Cooking" thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie1Gi
    I am looking for a Sugar cookie recipe, it may have a name in it, for sure it has nutmeg in it....if my memory serves me right. Has an extrodinary large amount of flour in it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Annie, as it happens I had a bookmark in page 705 where there is a recipe called "Sugar Drop Cookies with Oil." It calls for 2-1/2 cups of flour, and does include nutmeg. Does that sound like what you are looking for? I'll be glad to come back with the recipe if it does.

----> My book doesn't have an orange cover, it's the classic white. Let me know if this one sounds like the recipe you are searching for. It's the only one I could find that sounds like your description.
    "If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."

Hi GingerPow,

Thanks for the reply....I really thought it had a sub title to the recipe like maybe Aunt Susan's best....??? Not sure, but I sure would be interested to see if this is the one if you don't mind posting. Sure wish I still had my original cookbook, I had family recipe's tucked inside, that will teach me to loan/lose it right?

Thanks so much would love to see you post it if not too much trouble!