Community Message Boards

Thread: How to pronounce "Le Creuset?"

How to pronounce "Le Creuset?"

My dad sent me a nice Le Creuset pot for Christmas - just curious how you pronounce it.

Thanks

Americanised or authentic French?
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

Last year, when I called a local kitchen shop looking for a Le Creuset Dutch oven, the woman who answered the phone kindly corrected my pronunciation to "le crew-say".

I've always said/heard "le [rhymes with 'the'] crewSAY". Guess the same as oceanjasper's customer service person....
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Le Cruh-zay

I was going to say "expensive."

I couldn't really add anything to the posts above -- I think they got it.

I don't own one and have avoided them because of the weight and my neck/arm problems. All the talk about them here has me wanting to check out at least one Dutch oven though. Enjoy yours.

What color is yours? So I can live vicariously if nothing else.